General discussion

initializing a laptop with XP windows

I receive a lenove notebook 3000 N-100
I had a windows XP pro at home. I formated the computer and install the XP program. I need the drivers for this computer and how I install them. How I get to the internet. I have at home an Asus router to connect to the internet.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: initializing a laptop with XP windows
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: initializing a laptop with XP windows
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I just did this on

Another lenovo. I went to lenovo.com and luckily they had the drivers. It took hours to figure out which ones but I read your post and you seem to have not collected the drivers from lenovo.com.

Why not do that?
Bob

- Collapse -
Windows XP: initializing a laptop with XP windows

Thanks for your reply
but it seems I did not find the correct drivers.
so if you can help me i shall be very gratefull
Bernard

- Collapse -
Try

Lenovo.com and find the driver page for your machine. See if they have the drivers for XP. This is what you do as you are venturing into what they call self support. Supply a link to the driver page and I'll take a look and see if it's one I would use.
Bob

- Collapse -
How to research your issue.
- Collapse -
Bookmark this page
Lenovo driver support

Plug in your laptop type, model #, etc. Caution, some models have a number of sub-species. It's best if you have your original receipt with the exact model.

CNET Forums