Phones forum

General discussion

Infonic rebate scam

by machinery-man / January 16, 2006 4:52 AM PST

Like others on this post, submitted my 4 rebate forms being sure to cross every t and dot every i. Got back information only one being confirmed. Have filed a complaint with the Arizona Attorney General as rebate company is Customer Contract Company. I get the feeling they are a scam outfit, they said I hadn't paid my bill and I submitted it several times, then they said it was outside the time frame. I have a case with the Attorney general and hopefully they will put a stop to these scams. If I wasn't offered the rebate would never have purchased with Wirefly/Infonic/Intellnet or what ever the hell the name is. Business must be getting to a scam aspect. They refer you to India handlers then web, which goes back to the Arizona office. Am deeply hurt, mad and generally upset over this ripoff. Suggest everyone complain. The Arizona Attorney general is State of Arizon Office of the Attorney General Consumer Infomation and complaints 1275 West Washington Phoenix, Arizona 85007-2926.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Infonic rebate scam
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Infonic rebate scam
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Rebate scam
by cmni18 / February 2, 2006 1:55 AM PST
In reply to: Infonic rebate scam

I too submitted 4 rebates and received the exact same song and dance about them being submitted too early. So I resubmitted making a copy of the envelopes post mark date at the post office.
I sent an email to ddennis@wirefly.com stating the following. Per other complaints she seems to be doing something to help.

I see a number of individuals are having the same issue with Inphonics. I too purchase 2 phones with 2 rebates for each phone, one is a customer loyalty rebate the other a customer appreciation rebate. Purchase date 1/4/05. The phones shipped preprogrammed with phone numbers. Once received I had our existing cell phone numbers ported over to the new phones.

I waited the 6 months to send in the rebates. August 2005 I received the first of many letters stating the rebates were invalid. Once getting hold of a rep I was informed that the forms had to be resubmitted, so I did mail them again and verified the post mark was between 180 and 210 days.

Letter dated 9/12/2005 states submission error. I phoned and was informed they would be processed. 10/27/2005 I spoke to Tenesha who informed me that only one of the phones was submitted for the rebates. I spoke to Cindy and faxed to 480-606-4313 copies of my current bill, a cover letter stating the number that were shipped with the phones and the phone numbers that were ported over to the phones. I was informed to wait 3 to 4 weeks for the web site to get updated.

11/21/05 received 2 more letters stating problems with the submission of the rebates due to my cancelling the phones before the required 180 days. Again I call Inphonics to inform them that the phones have NOT been cancelled and are still active to this day. Jenny from customer service checks the records and informs me that 2 are in the final stages for being processed, 2 are in the beginning stages of the process.

I finally receive 2 or the 4 rebates for $75 each.

2/1/2006 received 2 more letters dated 1/25/2006 stating the phones were cancelled before the 180 day requirement and the Customer Loyalty rebates are invalid. Last night I was on the phone with 4 different attempts of which was disconnected on each call. The first person never got her name, Tina was the second person, Jennifer was next and finally on my 4th attempt to get someone back on the phone, the rebate center was closed.

How it is that a company like Inphonics stays in business is amazing. Not shocking to see the dozens of individuals who are having the same issue and lack of support. I won?t be shocked when I get the letter from an attorney stating the company has been sued for such practices.

I sent an email last night on the company page and expect this issue to get rectified immediately.

Collapse -
wirefly rebate scam
by godawgs5 / June 16, 2006 10:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Rebate scam

I am replying to your reply regarding your experience with wirefly. I notice that there is a consistant pattern with this company throughout the country. I am interested in finding others in Arizona who have experienced the same. Please call me at 602 942 0954 my name is Darin.

Collapse -
bullSHOOT
by greekgodmachine / February 3, 2006 3:19 PM PST

they have no call centre in india dealing with rebates
where do you people come up with this crap?

Collapse -
Inphonic rebate scam
by TCassidy / February 14, 2006 9:08 AM PST

I too have a complaint with the better business bureau. I purchased through A-1wireless which is Inphonic and I have submitted numerous duplicate submittals for the same status of bill not paid in full and incomplete forms.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Update on rebate
by machinery-man / February 15, 2006 11:59 AM PST
In reply to: Inphonic rebate scam
Collapse -
wirefly
by godawgs5 / June 16, 2006 10:06 AM PDT

I read your report and have found that the complaint is consistant throughout the country. I am looking for other people that reside in Arizona who have had similar experiences. Please contact me at 602 942 0954 anytime, my name is Darin and this is my office number for K & J Windows (after hours is fine)I promise I will not try to sell you windows.

Thanks

Darin

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!