From an earlier report:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/HolidayShopping/story?id=2670017&page=1

Space Bags

One Touch Can Opener

Shedender

Memory Pillo

Stick-Up Light Bulb

_______

I've checked out a few of these on line, but didn't care for their privacy policies. I did order from Space Bags, though, and had no problem. Re: Space Bags, the newer commercials say that the zipper has been improved. I had the same problem mentioned in this story with the zipper.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Infomercial products. Do they work?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Infomercial products. Do they work?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I got a bread maker
Jan 26, 2007 1:57AM PST

it came free with a juicer. I only wanted the bread-maker and it works fine. easy clean up and the smell of fresh bread is comforting. I do not know if the juicer works, still in box after 3yrs, but it does have a good consumer reputation. the deal for both was about the same if I just bought a bread-maker retail. now that I thought about it maybe I will dig out the juicer.

there is a class action lawsuit regarding the ionic-breeze from sharper image. inflated claims. we tried it and sent it back, did not work as far as we could see.

replaced with the oreck and have been satisfied. at least air moves and the amount of pet fur on the filter is disturbing but there is less in the air. seems to do a good job on dust, cooking odors are not reduced much. got a free plug-in battery cordless 'broom' with the oreck and that is good tool, but you have to work fast, runs about an hour after charging, then we let it recharge overnight.

the one I have thought was interesting is the automatic lights for drawers, under cabinets, etc. one might work nicely to illuminate my keyboard on the pull-out computer desk shelf. I was schooled on manual typewriters, so my touch system is rusty on keyboards. still have my '61 royal portable that was given as a grammar school graduation gift. it still works fine, and I use it occasionally for the nostalgic font smudge, keystroke noise, carriage return and the bell. then I put a dime in the rotary pay phone.........

so my info-com score: 2 for 3. some are fun to watch for their comedic value.

- Collapse -
RE: MXZ Pocket Saw
Jan 26, 2007 5:33AM PST

"they do not think that normal people need to cut tons of bricks"

What about 'ab-nonal people'? Wink

- Collapse -
The one touch works...
Jan 26, 2007 5:53AM PST

A neighbor of mine has one she bought after having shoulder surgery and being reduced to one arm for several weeks.

Years ago I bought a "V-Slicer" from one of those shows and I still use it.

- Collapse -
Most are junk, IMHO but...
Jan 26, 2007 11:54AM PST

If they really work and take off, you can buy them in regular shops/stores. I know the space bags are available here locally and yeah, they say, "orginal space bags".

The only product I brought but not through a TV commerical was the OxyClean soap/cleanser at local store. I used it on a new white shirt but had a stain afterwards and tried it, man it worked right before my eyes, the stain was gone. It really works -----Willy

- Collapse -
Just a delete and lock
Jan 20, 2011 9:40PM PST

Just deleting a spam post.

Mark

CNET Forums

Forum Info