General discussion

Inexpensive Camera for Youtube - Macro Zoom

I need to make educational videos for posting on Youtube. The particular problem is that these videos are for electronic devices and need to be made in close-up mode. I have tried several cameras but the combination of movie mode - closeup mode does not seem to be a priority for the manufacturer.

My budget is limited to under 200.00. Does anyone have suggestions for new or used cameras that do an exceptional job for videos?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Inexpensive Camera for Youtube - Macro Zoom
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Inexpensive Camera for Youtube - Macro Zoom
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Macro Zoom Video
- Collapse -
Digital Camera with Macro Zoom

Thanks for the reply but I don't want a camcorder. I want a digital camera with closeup movie capability.

So again, any suggestions for an inexpensive camera that excels in making movies with closeups?

Thanks All

- Collapse -
Just a note.

I deal with PCB (printed circuit boards) and have an old USB Intel QX3 (interesting reading at:
http://download.intel.com/technology/itj/q42001/pdf/Dissection of the Intel Play QX3 Computer Microscope.pdf )

The first one we obtained was 69 dollars. The second one was free on freecycle.

This unit has paid off many times to document failures and it does have a movie mode.

Later we can use that in our video editor for the final video.
Bob

Forum Info