Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

Inernet Connections?

by Jo1011 / June 4, 2008 3:54 AM PDT

For the last 3 weeks, I have been bouncing back and forth between my dial-up, here at home, and wireless at my uncles. For the last week now I have not been able to connect to my dial -up here at home, but I can still connect to the wireless. I am assuming it is something in my settings that need to be adjusted? Can anyone help me? Here is the discription of what I have for a laptop.

Windows Edition= Windows Vista Home Premium
Manufacturer= Toshiba
Model=Satellite
Processor=Intel(R) Core(TM) 2CPU T5500@1.66GHz 1.67GHz
Memory(RAM)= 2038MB
System type= 32-bit Operating System

Network adapers= 6TO4 Adapter
Intel(R)PRO/Wireless 3954AGB Network Connection
Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC(NDIS6.0)

I keep getting error message 680, stating no dial tone, as soon as i plug in my phone line. Then error message 764 comes up, that states, no smart card. Or do I need a new Modem?

A new problem also just starting is my mouse touch pad is not responding? Any soultions, suggestions, would greatly be appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Inernet Connections?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Inernet Connections?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Thank You...
by Jo1011 / June 6, 2008 4:37 AM PDT

ajtrek, very much, I will try doing this weekend, no time thru the week. Will let u know if I can get it to work for me. Thanks again.

Collapse -
Probably this. . .
by Coryphaeus / June 6, 2008 5:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Inernet Connections?

Open IE, Tools, Internet Options. Click Connections. Notice the boxes for connection? For dial up, check the box, "Always dial my default connection". For wireless check "Never dial a connection". Switch back and forth depending on your location.

Collapse -
home connection
by djskin / June 6, 2008 5:27 PM PDT
In reply to: Inernet Connections?

CNET,

pls how can i get your connection right here in nigeria[africa]
it so wonderfull and fantastic connection.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.