Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Incredimail crashes when sending PP or Word attachments

I have used Incredimail since 2002 (free version though I did buy the letter creator) without many problems other than slowing everything down. Suddenly 4 months ago it started to shut down when ever I tried to send a powerpoint or word document, which meant I had to use Outlook express to send any serious mail! Error messages vary from the usual 'Incredimail has encountered an error... etc' to 'The memory cannot be read at 000011234 etc.'

Nothing in Incredimails FAQ's helped, tried updating, it still shut down. So I un-installed it after saving everything including my address book and downloaded it from scratch. Not only did it still have the same problem but it installed my address book from 2002! It took me 3 hours to uninstall and winkle out every file on my computor including deleting its file in registry. There were so many Incredimail files taking up so much room it looked like a virus.
I am now using Outlook.

I don't like to be beaten so for 4 months I've been trying to get an answer from Incredimail. How do they expect people to buy it when they don't give any support and the FAQ's haven't been updated for years?

I have to admit I enjoyed using Incredimail and miss it, so I tried downloading it again knowing it couldn't pick up any old files, it installed picking up the address book from Outlook so all hopefull I tried to send an attachment..... it crashed!

Another e-mail to incredimail, no reply! Over 4 years without a problem then crash. Does anyone have the answer? or is it that they just hate Microsoft?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Incredimail crashes when sending PP or Word attachments
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Incredimail crashes when sending PP or Word attachments
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
PS. c:\WINNT\temp (Incredimail crashes)

In reply to: Incredimail crashes when sending PP or Word attachments

In addition to the Incredimail crash problem (above) One of the suggestions in Incredimails FAQs when having difficulties sending attachments in Windows XP was :

To delete the contents of the following files & folders:-
C:\WINNT\temp
C:documents & Settings\profilename(logonname)localsettings\temp
C:documents & Settings\profilename(logonname)localsettings\tempIncredimail files.

Last 2 no problem but C:\WINNT\temp not available and a search including hidden folders on any part of the name came up empty, putting the whole address in resulted in not a valid entry.
Is this a critical file, should it be there, if so can I replace it, if so where should it go?

Collapse -
You shouldn't have deleted the last Two!..........

In reply to: PS. c:\WINNT\temp (Incredimail crashes)

They are Windows Sustem files.
I'd delete incredimail if I was going to delete anything

Collapse -
You shouldn't have deleted the last Two! I didn't

In reply to: You shouldn't have deleted the last Two!..........

I did not delete any of the three, simply looked for them, the last 2 were there but C:\WINNT\temp wasn't to be found.
Anyway Incredimail suggested deleting the contents not the folders.

Collapse -
Re: PS. c:\WINNT\temp (Incredimail crashes)

In reply to: PS. c:\WINNT\temp (Incredimail crashes)

On your machine that ''C:\WINNT\temp'' folder is actually ''C:\Windows\temp''. DO NOT delete the folder itself. Only delete what's inside the folder. I hope you only deleted the contents (files) inside of the:

C:documents & Settings\profilename(logonname)localsettings\temp
C:documents & Settings\profilename(logonname)localsettings\tempIncredimail files

because as csrjohn said those folders are protected operating system folders.

Tufenuf

Collapse -
''C:\WINNT\temp'' folder is actually ''C:\Windows\temp

In reply to: Re: PS. c:\WINNT\temp (Incredimail crashes)

Thank you!! It was driving me nuts not being able to find it or any information on the web. Happy now.

And no I didn't touch those folders as they were clean. If it aint broken I've learned the hard way not to touch.

Many many thanks

Collapse -
Incredimail crashes

In reply to: ''C:\WINNT\temp'' folder is actually ''C:\Windows\temp

Hi,

The problem of IncrediMail freeze or crash is mainly due to the missing or corrupted files or due to some incompatibility of IncrediMail with the OS. You can resolve this issue by updating or reinstalling your IncrediMail. If you cannot access your e-mails with IncrediMail, the reason can be the presence of firewall or configuration settings. You can resolve these issues by disabling the firewall or by making correct configuration settings.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.