Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

by wanness / January 17, 2004 8:53 PM PST

I am running a PIII-500, 256, mem, 13G HD, XP Pro. I have been using Incredimail for some time and was not aware that I had a problem, the problem is this. When I send e-mail, I use the BCC: in order to mask all of the recipients e-mail addresses from others, just yesterday, someone had replied to one of my e-mails, and all of the recipients addresses were visible. Maybe I don't understand what the BCC is for, or the CC. If some one could clarify for me how to hide all of the recipeints e-mail addresses, I would be very appreciative. Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Incredimail
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Incredimail
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Many have abandoned Incredimail
by LarryD / January 17, 2004 9:11 PM PST
In reply to: Incredimail

as it uses web bugs which (I don't understand but it) represents a privacy intrusion. My company automatically blocks any mail sent with Incredimail

Nontheless, adding a name to the BCC (blind carbon copy) field should 'blind' the other recipients from the each other. Simple test is to send a test e-mail to someone and put their address in the BCC field as well as your own. When you recieve the mail you should see only your own address.

It is easy to mistakenly use the CC (carbon copy) field in error, which simply lists and shows all recipients.

Just take a few seconds when sending to make sure you are using the correct field.

Collapse -
Re:Incredimail / How BAD do you NEED emoticons??
by tobeach / January 18, 2004 4:06 PM PST

My Lady installed Incredimail and my spyware detector immediately detected 4 asst'd spyware (web-bugs):O embedded and active. This got me concerned. Angry Additionally all mail you send thru there is able to be sideviewed. Equivalent of sending mail thru you company server where they can read and inspect & record the contents. Needless to say I uninstalled the next day!! It'll try to plant itself in your restore to re-install itself incase you delete. Also several other places for purpose of re-installing or continuing spying after attempted delete/un-install. Worse, Incredimail spams your listed addresses plus all you mail to and includes a live link at bottom of each mail you send! If you wouldn't want your next door neighbor opening and reading every letter you receive, the dump this junk!! JMHO! Wink

Collapse -
Two more reasons to dump incredimail
by LarryD / January 18, 2004 6:31 PM PST

First, (I believe) it doesn't allow you to back up, so when you decide to switch, it is a nightmare.

Second, most recipients can't open the mail as it comes as an attachment and they get quite confused. SO it looks all cutesy to you, but to them it is not appreciated.

Collapse -
No letter pic showing
by no8ing / May 20, 2006 8:56 PM PDT

hi, can someone help here, when i send emails with incredimail i see the letter from style box when sending it, but when it gets to whoever its just white with red X and letter is as attachment, I have uninstalled and reinstalled still not showing at other end.

Collapse -
Just a tip.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 20, 2006 10:27 PM PDT
In reply to: No letter pic showing

Some don't understand that if one makes a plea for help in an existing discussion, it may not get a reply. It's also a wee bit off topic since this forum is about Windows XP and not a PC Application or possible Communications.

Just a few tips.

1. Don't bury your requests in another person's discussion.
2. Place your issue in a matching forum.

In closing I don't see this issue to be caused by Windows XP.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?