The original AT&T Wireless is not coming back. SBC (Southwestern Bell which owns 60% of Cingular) bought AT&T landline service and is buying out BellSouth (who owns the remaining 40% of Cingular. Just rebranding of the the company name, but not the original company.
Right now i have at&t through cingular. I get free incoming text messages. I dont send text messages, and if i do, then i use a computer, but mainly i get a decent amount of text messages a month. If i switch to cingular, then i would need to get a text message plan if i wanted to use text messages (something that highly frown upon since i currently dont need a text message plan).
When At&t comes back in 2007, are there going to be any shifting in the plans provided, mainly, is there going to be free incoming text messages? Should i just face the fact that i'm going to lose my Oh-So-Sweet-free-incoming-text and switch over to a cingular plan, or should i have hopes of somehow keeping the at&t's free incoming text plan and wait out till next year?