Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

inadequate OS privileges?

This is probobly a simple fix but it baffles me anyways. Whenever I try to connect to a Punk Buster enabled server while gaming I get an "Inadequate O/S Privileges" error. Ive messed around with my accounts to make sure Im the administrator and so on but the problem still persists. Also Ive been having issues with spyware, viruses and trojan horses lately and all of a sudden I have a new account, that I already deleted, and get one of those password windows at startup. I never created the account and dont need a password so its kinda wierd. I dont know if the two are realated but its kinda odd how I get these account problems and infestations at the same time. Thanks in advance.

Windows XP
768Mb RDRAM
80Gb Hard Drive
Nvidia GeForce FX 5200

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: inadequate OS privileges?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: inadequate OS privileges?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: inadequate OS privileges?

In reply to: inadequate OS privileges?

Have you done scans to rid your computer of the spyware? If not, that is the first place to start.

Collapse -
Re: inadequate OS privileges?

In reply to: Re: inadequate OS privileges?

Oh for sure, I did a spybot and adaware removal then restarted in safe mode and did another round of adaware and spybot along with hijack this. Both adaware and spybot were fruitful in their finds, I think adaware found some 200 or so problems in one go. Since then Ive done several checks like that to no avail.

Collapse -
''Guessing games''.

In reply to: inadequate OS privileges?

all of a sudden I have a new account, that I already deleted, and get one of those password windows at startup. I never created the account and dont need a password so its kinda wierd.

Is there any reason why "names" are not used?

1. The .NET Framework is an integral Windows component for building and running the next generation of software applications and Web services that is software (component-based, plumbing-free design that minimizes the amount of code developers have to rewrite and maximizes potential for code reuse) that connects information, people, systems, and devices. It spans clients, servers, and developer tools, and consists of:

a. The .NET Framework 1.1, used for building and running all kinds of software, including Web-based applications, smart client applications, and XML Web services?components that facilitate integration by sharing data and functionality over a network through standard, platform-independent protocols such as XML (Extensible Markup Language), SOAP, and HTTP.

b. Developer tools, such as Microsoft Visual Studio
Collapse -
Re: ''Guessing games''.

In reply to: ''Guessing games''.

Also Ive noticed many changes in my administrative account like when I ctrl+alt+del I dont get the task manager but the screen turns black and I get another window with many functions like "shutdown", "log off" and "lock computer" along with "task manager." Little changes like that are confusing and I have no clue where they came from but this aspnet account could have done all this?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.