Phones forum

General discussion

in the market for quality; selection woes

by Suhanya / April 8, 2006 2:09 PM PDT

I have researched extensively and found nothing that offers quite what I'm looking for. The Samsung ZX10 and LG CU320 come close, but the ZX10 has a monochrome outer-display and can not display caller photo ID's, and the CU320 has already garnished a number of poor user reviews as well as getting criticism for blurry image quality.

I was prepared to shell out top dollar for an unlocked Sony Ericsson 750i, which meets all my needs and then some (respectable camera, media capability, world phone), but was strongly advised against it due to it's lack of the 850 quad band. So now I'm looking to the Ericsson W810 and K790 models - which are on the 850 band - but as yet appear not to be widely available.

Has anyone experienced similar difficulties and have any insight to offer or phones to recommend?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: in the market for quality; selection woes
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: in the market for quality; selection woes
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
k750
by LARVIN53 / May 20, 2006 7:31 PM PDT

I'm with Cingular and own the K750i. I live in Salt Lake City, UT. I have to say the phone works wonderfully. I know this post may be a little late and if you want to wait a while then I'm sure the k790 will be out very soon (it'll cost an arm and a leg compared to under $300 for the k750). I have definitely had less dropped calls than with my Razr and I am generally pleased with the phone. My only gripe is that it doesnt have EDGE. But its not all that important with all the other connectivity options you have with the phone. good luck

Collapse -
depends on how long you can wait
by tychocat / May 20, 2006 9:20 PM PDT

My current top-of-the-line phone is the Nokia N80 - quad-band plus UMTS, 3.2-megapixel camera, music player, good display. But it won't be released in the U.S. until July, at last report, maybe then only at special brick-and-mortar Nokia stores, or perhaps through Cingular. You don't mention which carrier you're using.

Collapse -
W810 is out
by xnxnxn / May 22, 2006 4:10 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.