That looks to be something you could get a grad student to make for you. The market for that is 1 person (as of today) so your best bet is to find someone to make such a thing for you.
Good people of CNET,
Googling the net has not supplied me the info in finding a A-class
(the likes of NAD and such) IP data/internet radio tuner/receiver.
I have seen brands of the likes; Netgear MP101, Linksys and such but it is not what I seek. Currently the market offers some products, but they don?t satisfy the need for easy use or portability or meet supply requirements.
Like for example the top quality NAD C445 DAB tuner is a top notch unit to hook up to your Home Audio&cinema system...But, it lacks a IP data RJ45 connector to receive R.O.I.P. (radio over I.P.) or I.P.R.R.(IP radio Receiver) Below some features I think would make the case clear.
MAIN CHARACTERISTICS TUNER/RECEIVER
The apparatus? main functional characteristics are:
* Internet Radio without personal computer use
* IP streaming receiver with LAN connection or WiFi standard IEEE 802.11b/g
* Display for tuning functions and receiving information and EPG Electronic program guides for radio
* Function buttons for managing volume, tuning and settings
* FM Radio with digital tuning, RDS Radio Data System and memorising stations
* Hookup to Home Audio system and/or speakers
A dedicated server supplies an up-to-date list of all free online IP radio stations available, organised by genre and country of origin. When switched on, the apparatus searches for LAN or WiFi connectivity and automatically connects to the service server to download the up-dated list.
The apparatus? technical specifications are:
* Embedded processor and Harddisk of 160GB minimum
* Linux operating system or equivelent (MicroSoft? uuuhh?? nope)
* Alphanumeric Display or LCD screen
* FM Radio with RDS and DAB
* LAN RJ45 Connector or WiFi input
* Standard IEEE 802.11b/g
* USB Port and/or all kind of HDMI, glass fiber ports for future use
* External headphones/amplifier facilities
* External power supply.
* Remote control unit maybe with the same Alphanumeric Display or
small LCD screen
What am I forgetting? hihihihi :^)
Please add your opinion, thought and such.