General discussion

In "honor" of the new AZ law,

(I used the American spelling of the word because I don't pretend to be an American)

" Two illegal aliens charged with murder of South Carolina man"
Details from the story:

A few facts on criminal aliens:

-95 percent of homicide warrants in Los Angeles are issued for illegal aliens. Additionally, 67 percent of the 17,000 outstanding fugitive felony warrants in that city are issued for illegal aliens.

-83 percent of homicide warrants in Phoenix are issued for illegal aliens.

-86 percent of homicide warrants issued in Albuquerque, New Mexico are issued for illegal aliens.

-In Operation Predator, ICE arrested and deported 6,085 illegal alien pedophiles. There have been many studies which suggest that each pedophile molests and average of 148 children over their lifetime. Considering that estimate, the deportees alone could have accounted for 900,580 victims.

-29 percent of the U.S. prison population is comprised of illegal aliens, at an annual cost to the American taxpayers of more than $1.6 billion.

Yep, nothing to see here, we "need" an open border to have our lettuce picked.

http://www.examiner.com/x-35821-Immigration-Reform-Examiner~y2010m2d21-Two-illegal-aliens-charged-with-murder-of-South-Carolina-man

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: In "honor" of the new AZ law,
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: In "honor" of the new AZ law,
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
to have our lettuce picked.

stop buying lettuce...I don't know what the "American" farm owners/vegetarians will do, but you can worry about that later..

There have been many studies which suggest that each pedophile molests and average of 148 children over their lifetime. Considering that estimate, the deportees alone could have accounted for 900,580 victims.

next you'll want to kick the church out?

Let American citizens murder each other, no need any illegal aliens doing that?

LA full of illegal aliens...Killing each other...what's the problem?

- Collapse -
specious argument

depends on the assumption that Americans would take up doing the crimes the illegals currently engage in. Does that also mean you believe they will be rushing out to the fields to pick lettuce?

- Collapse -
RE: Does that also mean you believe

Does that also mean you believe they will be rushing out to the fields to pick lettuce?

Do they have a machine that will pick lettuce?...If so, Yes, no machines...then No.

I saw stories a few years ago from California where a farmer was complaining that his crops were rotting in the ground because he couldn't get anyone to pick them. ICE had been putting pressure on illegal aliens and he lost all his workers.

There are Mexicans and citizens from other Central American countries that come to Canada for harvesting crops, WHY?...because Canadians can't or won't do it for the same wages.

North Americans aren't "hungry enough".....that's the rub.

- Collapse -
did you ever stop to think

thet if the illegals wouldn't work so cheap that maybe those jobs would go to North Americans? The illegals here have wiped out work for construction and roofing as men can't afford to do it for 7 bucks an hour when they used to get at least 15! Also have you ever not noticed that with all the illegals working cheaper that the cost of anything has gone down? Nope! I sure haven't

- Collapse -
Whose roof are the fixing?

Your American neighboUrs?

Who's employing them...home grown Americans?

Are illegal aliens ONLY working for other illegal aliens on other illegal aliens houses/property?

Also have you ever not noticed that with all the illegals working cheaper that the cost of anything has gone down? Nope! I sure haven't

According to you the cost of laboUr has gone down.

Do you know anyone that has had work done by illegal aliens? Have you expressed your feelings about illegal aliens to them?

Want them gone, but want the benefits?

- Collapse -
what benefits???

They take jobs in restaurants, hotels, construction work and a myriad of other jobs! The "benefits I get? Paying for them to deliver their babies in our hospitals at the cost to us, paying for their kids schooling and putting them on our welfare lists! Making gettoes out of our neighborhoods, Yeah, we get a ton of benefits!I can tell you that any home bulide here locally has a crew that is probably at least 90% illegals. Nearly all lawn services are staffed with illegals! Restaurants and hotels are filled with them also!
Goodbye, Go bother someone else.

- Collapse -
RE: what benefits??

You want your roof fixed...the illegals will do the job and you will pay 50% less for laboUr. That's a benefit for you.

You want your driveway paved?....They'll do it for you and you'll pay less than if an American did it.

Got a farm? they'll work on your farm for less than an American...more profit for you.

You have to become one of the people using their services, instead of the person competing with them for a job, they aren't complaining.

P.S. It's no bother.

- Collapse -
and all that money

they make goes right straight to Mexico!! LOL

- Collapse -
strange happenings in our lettuce fields
- Collapse -
(NT) Green with envy.
- Collapse -
I'm glad Arizona is taking action to protect their

citizens. It's unfortunate that the federal government is ignoring the need to protect our southern borders. It's time to stop the attempt to stack the deck in the next congressional election at the expense of the lives and welfare of American citizens.

I am quite sure that the citizens of Arizona are totally uninterested in what foreigners think of their laws. If the population of SE posters is any indication, it looks like Canada and Israel should dispatch ships immediately to transport willing Mexican citizens to their soil. I don't think I will hold my breath waiting for this to happen.

- Collapse -
uninterested in what foreigners think of their laws

are they interested in what their fellow American citizens think?

- Collapse -
What their fellow American citizens think...

it's overwhelmingly popular in Arizona.

- Collapse -
(NT) not a whole bunch ;)
- Collapse -
They're also uninterested in what Americans who disagree

with them think. Xenophobia has become a national religion in my poor America.

rob

- Collapse -
(NT) rejection of immigrant criminals is now "xenophobia"?????
- Collapse -
Just a note.

There are no "Bulls" in this forum.

Post deleted.

Mark

- Collapse -
Cherry picking facts

Ohhh! it's so nice to blame so many problems in one city or a few on a peculiar people. I guess the rest of the country just isn't up to the times as they have the same issues w/o those peculiar people at fault. Oh yeah, let's blame someone that's not of my creed for problems. You can close the borders "air tight" and all those crimes will be committed by those left and in no thought at the same percentages. I guess the Canadians don't cross borders and cause problems because they know, those darn other aliens will get the blame anyways. -----Willy Sad

- Collapse -
A very peculiar post.

-chuckle-

- Collapse -
Now you've got me wondering

If we closed the borders air tight how would the crime of being an illegal alien be committed by the people that are left?

- Collapse -
he didn't say that

he said "You can close the borders "air tight" and all those crimes (which are committed today by illegals) will be committed by those left"

- Collapse -
Or (more likely)

fewer crimes would be committed.

- Collapse -
(NT) And one of those crimes is being illegal in the 1st place
- Collapse -
you mean running

"safe houses' smuggling people across the border, kidnapping illegals until their families pay more money, running drugs in from Mexico, packing people in vehicles and having accidents cause they are overloaded, running from the cops because of the transporting, no license to drive and no insurance??? Ok, LOL
BTW how do you feel about the illegals in Israel??? You never did reply to that one.
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/01/25/does_israel_have_an_immigrant_problem

- Collapse -
(NT) BTW, do you support profiling?
- Collapse -
does the end justify the means?

some would theorise that a morally wrong action is
necessary to achieve a morally right outcome

who am i to argue against that....

- Collapse -
(NT) Should Israel stop profiling?
- Collapse -
(NT) does Israel profile?
- Collapse -
Yes.
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1141297.html

So why, I asked, are we still allowed to board airplanes at Ben-Gurion International Airport with bottles and tubes of liquid brought from home, while in Heathrow or JFK they confiscate our face cream and toothpaste?

"Oh, that's simple," he answered matter of factly. "We use racial profiling, they don't."
-----------------
To Israelis, the practice of picking people out based on racial stereotypes is so self-evident, there isn't even a Hebrew term for it.
- Collapse -
Ad yes
http://touringisrael.com/blog/full-article/racial_profiling_in_israel/

Second, although the IDF (Israel defense Force) does not have much of a presence inside Palestinian population centers at all today, it does control check points on the road and smaller operations against terrorists using intelligence sources on the other side of the security barrier. Lastly, Israel?s various security apparatus uses racial profiling to defend against terrorism. This is very controversial both within Israel and internationally.

CNET Forums

Forum Info