Computer Help forum

General discussion

In desperate need of help from toshiba!

by saintsinner13 / January 26, 2011 2:52 PM PST

Well I just bought this toshiba satellite icore7 a665 and not it freezes every day so much. it has been like this since it was bought. What the heck? I've also visited other sites and the same response, they always ask the specs? OMG why would they be asking questions like:
It would help to know some more specifics:

What Operating System?

Have you added/changed any hardware (IE. memory, HDD, etc.) to the machine other than what came from the factory?

When you say "freeze"...is this temporary condition (like it gets stuck momentarily then un-freezes) or does it require you to power off and restart the machine?

Does the freezing produces any errors before or after it freezes?

When it freezes is the entire machine "stuck" (can't move mouse, no keyboard response) or is just the active app frozen?

When it freeses do you see any harddrive activity. Is the HDD light on or flashing while it's frozen?

Have you added any other software to this machine other than that which came with it?

Assuming this is fairly reproducable, open up "Task Manager" <Ctrl>+<Shift>+<Esc>, then click on the "Processes" tab, and leave it running in the background, resized so you can still work, but still view it. When the machine freezes, do you see any particular item using up CPU %?

........ now now, this is some really excuse questions to ask. In the first place, the laptop being bought was brand new! It should not have problems as long as it's not damaged!. Any guess what. a lot of complains are already surfacing. What the heck is toshiba doing selling defective laptops!... They are going circles on most of the topic. I'ts obvious, they sell imperfect new laptops because of money greed!. This is so unacceptable.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: In desperate need of help from toshiba!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: In desperate need of help from toshiba!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Since it's new,
by ahtoi / January 26, 2011 3:26 PM PST

why not let Toshiba fix it?

Collapse -
toshitba
by saintsinner13 / January 28, 2011 9:55 AM PST
In reply to: Since it's new,

Toshiba centers are very far in the place i live.

Collapse -
Take it back
by Jimmy Greystone / January 26, 2011 9:19 PM PST

Take it back if it's new, and still within the return window (usually about 30 days). Otherwise, let Toshiba deal with it. That's what the warranty is for.

Collapse -
Toshitba
by saintsinner13 / January 28, 2011 9:55 AM PST
In reply to: Take it back

I have bought it at the US, and now I am in the Philippines. Plus, what if i lost my Official Receipt?..It's like, OMG. bye bye 800$ up. thanks so much Toshitba for selling me this defective model satellite a665 corei7. By the reviews and cons i have read regarding this model, i strongly believe Toshitba are shipping defective models and sell them. They care less as long as they earn. Defective models don't need warranty coz there's only 1 company that manufactures it. And the fault is theirs. Please try to read their reviews here:

Please try to read some complaints of the model here, I believe I am not the only one who experienced this.

http://reviews.cnet.com/toshiba-satellite-review

Please read the reviews carefully. Yes we are having the same problem.

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Satellite-Laptops-A-Series/Satellite-A665-i7-720QM/td-p/117537

http://www.fixya.com/support/t7781955-bought_toshiba_a665_s6070_freezes

Collapse -
Then you get to suffer
by Jimmy Greystone / January 28, 2011 12:11 PM PST
In reply to: Toshitba

Then you get to suffer because you bought something, then left the area where you could easily return it before testing it. You rolled the dice, it came up craps, and sometimes that's just life. All you can do is live and learn.

And I don't know about the A665, but any time you have a Core i7 in a laptop, I'd begin to question the wisdom of buying such a machine. Companies like Toshiba will build these systems if people like you will buy them, it doesn't mean that it's a good idea. Think it was HP that was stuffing desktop CPUs into laptops, and they were literally melting the cases. I know Toshiba has had a lot of problems with some of their Qossimo line, since the morons sandwiched two video cards right on top of one another. Can't IMAGINE why THAT would ever fail! Of course the system designers at a company like Toshiba don't really have a lot of say in the specs for a system, so you get a bunch of suits with absolutely no clue making decisions based on market surveys of what people say they'd like to see in a laptop.

In any case, you're pretty much screwed. So, let this be a lesson. A very expensive lesson, on why you don't buy a laptop without first doing your homework, and never to buy a laptop before you're going to leave the country if you won't have time to test it beforehand. I'm just being completely blunt and up front with you. No point adding insult to injury by giving you some kind of false hope.

Collapse -
Toshitba
by saintsinner13 / January 29, 2011 10:27 PM PST
In reply to: Then you get to suffer

Yes i know that. thanks for the honest reply...People like me who does not have much knowledge on computers really fall for it. Toshiba claims they have the best laptops around, well, that's what they advertise, but they never reveal the truth about their products. They always talk about the good things and never care on the bad ones as long as they earn. Just like on a fraud insurance company who collects money and never cares for their costumers. Hail "TOSHITBA" for screwing me up! Thank You soo much Silly ...

Collapse -
tobisha
by saintsinner13 / January 28, 2011 9:57 AM PST
In reply to: Take it back

I can't i bought it in the US, and now I am in the Philippines. I don't have the time to take it back.

Collapse -
That's bad news.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 28, 2011 12:03 PM PST
In reply to: tobisha

And why I tell folk to buy local, in their country.

Collapse -
Those questions are asked ...
by Edward ODaniel / January 27, 2011 6:39 AM PST

for a reason - those you are asking for help know NOTHING about your computer other than what you tell them.

Just PRETEND that you have never seen your own Toshiba and someone comes to you and says :

Well I just bought this toshiba satellite icore7 a665 and not it freezes every day so much. it has been like this since it was bought. What the heck?

Does that tell you enough to offer an intelligent response? Only that already offered - It is apparently new and under warranty so let Toshiba fix it or take it back where you got it if it has only been a few days and let them have a shot at fixing it.

If you want to fix it yourself you HAVE TO tell us in detail about the computer (make, MODEL, OS, any added peripherals), and also about the EXACT PROBLEM (any error messages, what YOU mean by slow or freeze, what you are doing when it "freezes", when do the "freezes" happen, immediately after booting, a half hour after booting, three days after booting, etc.) because we (those trying to assist you) only know what YOU TELL US.

Collapse -
toshiba
by saintsinner13 / January 28, 2011 9:47 AM PST

Well I'm gonna have to ask you a very simple question. Is the model being sold a defective one? If the answer is yes, then why sell it? Is it under observation? If yes, then why the heck would you be selling it? And why do i have to tell what model or OS when i said it's new? that means i have changed nothing since i bought it. Same model satellite a665 with the build in OS windows7 and no peripherals.

Please try to read some complaints of the model here, I believe I am not the only one who experienced this.

http://reviews.cnet.com/toshiba-satellite-review

Please read the reviews carefully. Yes we are having the same problem.

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Satellite-Laptops-A-Series/Satellite-A665-i7-720QM/td-p/117537

http://www.fixya.com/support/t7781955-bought_toshiba_a665_s6070_freezes

Collapse -
I do not believe the model is defective ...
by Edward ODaniel / January 30, 2011 3:13 AM PST
In reply to: toshiba

although your specific laptop might well be.

What I would do if I were in your position is email Toshiba Support but {b]FIRST I would make sure I had registered it and a product registration link is also present on this link -
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp

I would explain the problem of making the purchase while in the US then having to go to the Philippines where the problems began.

I would follow that up with a phone call per information from the "Locate a Repair Center" link on the above URL:

Notebook Depot repair service is included as part of the Toshiba standard limited warranty for laptops. If you would like to arrange to have your Toshiba laptop serviced at the Toshiba Notebook Depot, please contact Toshiba Support at 1-800-457-7777

Collapse -
This discussion is easy.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 30, 2011 3:26 AM PST
In reply to: toshiba

You have a new machine and it's failed. All that you need to do is arrange for the in warranty repair. If you took it to some other country you'll learn the pain of why that's not a good idea for most gear and I bet you wish such machines were perfect and would not fail but let's get back to reality.

Toshiba has service available for this machine. Complaining will not fix it. Posting over and over won't fix it.

Let's keep it simple and point you back to Toshiba to fix your new machine.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.