General discussion

Impatience Leads to Computer Problems. Please Help!

I feel really dumb about this but I inflicted a problem on my Compaq Presario 6000's Windows XP SP2 due to my impatience. It was in the middle of a tedious process and I made the impatient mistake of switching the power off during it. Upon restarting, I was given a message that Windows could not start because a DLL was corrupted. So, I used Compaq's Non-destructive system recovery, and once that was over, I had to re-register the computer via Microsoft's Welcome Process.

Unfortunately, the Welcome Process would not complete and it would hang every time I clicked "Finish." I tried to bypass it, but the Process couldn't be skipped. I would eventually get to the last screen to click "Finish" and that's where the problem lies, and I've tried the NDR three times so far.

This is the only time my computer has ever had a serious problem, and using the Recovery CD's brings me to the same NDR process. HD Formatting is not an option because I have alot of important files.

Can anyone help? Sad

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Impatience Leads to Computer Problems. Please Help!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Impatience Leads to Computer Problems. Please Help!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
How to scrape off your files.
- Collapse -
?

I'm afraid I don't understand how that works. Isn't there just some way to bypass the Register Screen?

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) wats that register screen do u mean windows activation

CNET Forums

Forum Info