General discussion

Images in CNet and Download.com not showing up!

This has been quite a long time! All the browsers on my PC wouldn't show images from CNet and Download.com! I know that their image server is i.i.com.com, but it won't show up! Before; whenever that happens, I just refresh and it shows the images! Now it's been weeks! I tried it in MS IE, Opera, Firefox, and Avant; but it never shows up! I tried temporarily disabling my firewall(ZoneAlarm Pro), but images still won't show! They all used to show up! I thought that it was the image server's fault, but no! When I enter i.i.com.com on the address bar in Firefox, a notice says, "The connection was refused when attempting to contact i.i.com.com" I tried visiting CNet in my friend's house and the images showed up! I've got so many problems going on my PC that I've thought of reinstalling XP! Please help me!!! SadSad:(!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Images in CNet and Download.com not showing up!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Images in CNet and Download.com not showing up!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
'Hosts"

1. The Hosts file is used for host name resolution and found in c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\ for Windows NT/2000/XP Pro, or c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ for XP Home. To open the file using Notepad, start Notepad, and then use a drag-and-drop operation with the Hosts file (or Hosts.sam file) into the open Notepad document. Learn all you want about a Hosts file:

a. "Welcome to Ray Marron's Hostess page!" for a free utility for maintaining Hosts files.

b. "Gorilla Design Studio", Using the Hosts file.

2. Check whether i.i.com.com has been added to this file.

- Collapse -
Thanks!

I fixed the problem!

CNET Forums

Forum Info