PC Applications forum

General discussion

Images icluded in Posts.

by Paul Roantree / October 10, 2005 3:14 PM PDT

I have seen images of visual explanations of problems in these forums, and I'm not sure if this is OK under the policy. if it is, how is it achieved?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Images icluded in Posts.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Images icluded in Posts.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'm not sure what you mean
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / October 10, 2005 8:27 PM PDT

Hi Paul. Can you explain more?

Images of visual explanations are not something I remember seeing in thse forums. I have seen images people have placed on a home page web site, and then included a link to the image web site page in a post.

Normally these are images of a problem, although sometimes people like Bob (Proffitt), will include an image of say, a capacitor to show how it bulges when it has burned out.

Is that the sort of thing you mean?

If it is your own images, then you would have to prepare them inside a web page and upload them to your own web site frst, then post the link here like;
http://www.my-hosting-service/my-home-page/my-image.html

Otherwise, I haven't seen any images actually within posts. On other forum sites yes, but not this one.

Mark

Collapse -
In addition to what Mark says.
by Kees Bakker / October 11, 2005 7:38 AM PDT

There's no need to make an html-page around the picture. All you've got to do is upload (with ftp or any ISP provided program) the picture (gif, jpg, bmp, png, whatever you like) to your homepage and publish the link. A working example is: http://jc.leisb.org/EK2005.jpg (part of the Dutch delegation to the European youth chess championship, to be exact).

If you don't have a homepage with your ISP, there are numerous site where you can put your 'pictures' online for the whole world to view them. And nobody will check if it's a picture of you or your girlfriend or just an interesting screenprint of a computer problem.
Use google to search for free photo sharing.
I can't recommend any from personal experience, however.

Hope this helps.

Kees

Collapse -
Here's a reliable free image storage site I use occasionally
by caktus / October 11, 2005 8:48 AM PDT
Collapse -
Image srore
by Paul Roantree / October 11, 2005 6:50 PM PDT

Thanks to all, I willl now experiment . . .

Collapse -
Excuse
by Paul Roantree / October 11, 2005 6:58 PM PDT
In reply to: Image srore

Typos, I sat on my glasses.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Well thats one way to read suppose....... :)
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / October 11, 2005 10:02 PM PDT
In reply to: Excuse
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Found my (gl)asses
by Paul Roantree / October 13, 2005 2:59 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) At least you put gl in front.
by Coryphaeus / October 11, 2005 10:37 PM PDT
In reply to: Excuse
Collapse -
Thanks
by Paul Roantree / October 13, 2005 2:52 AM PDT

I've found a way to do this by taking a snapshot of my desktop using MW3, with the desktop showing the image I want to show. I can re-size and zoom to a part of the image using the program. I then use Image Shack to host the image which gives me a URL address to be included in the post. It just takes an extra click to view it rather than having the image already in the post. That would take up unecessary space anyway.

Paul

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Good job, Paul.
by Kees Bakker / October 13, 2005 5:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.