General discussion

Image Recognition Software

I am trying to determine whether there is such a thing as Image Recognition Software. A software that would search through images and match duplicates images, not files. Obviously this would be an advanced piece of software that would use patterns and differences in tone and contrast to determine like images. Does anyone know of any such software? Thanks for your help.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Image Recognition Software
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Image Recognition Software
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Apple notes this one.
- Collapse -
Duplicate Image Dector Works Great

WOW! Exactly what I was looking. This program works great and is really simple. Thanks

- Collapse -
Glad it helped.

By the way. I used google to find it.

- Collapse -
Image recognition software

This is a geat solution for the Mac purists but does anyone out there know of a program that works in Windows XP? I have a lot of dupicated images in my pc with different file names and I would like to be able to do some weeding without opening up every image and noting it and looking for a duplicate.

- Collapse -
Duplicates

While I don't know of any Windows software that will do the same thing, you could try it manually by opening a folder, setting the view to, and here I draw a blank. It's something like images, I forget the actual term, but it shows previews of each picture.

Very labor intensive but better than nothing

P

- Collapse -
You need General Picture Recognition Software

Yes there are a couple of programs out there that can find duplicate images but they start to fail when asked to find similar objects in an image like cars or trees etc and find pictures with cars or trees that have different backgrounds and size etc.

This software will find identical image and similar images to the original image, it really is very clever and very complex but quite easy to use.

Works with XP, Vista etc

Great Software

http://www.generalpicturerecognition.com

- Collapse -
(NT) But doesn't work with the Mac that the OP uses!

CNET Forums

Forum Info