Mac Hardware forum

General discussion

imac hardware

Can you give me a rating on a 5 point or 10 point scale of the speakers compared to other built in monitor speakers in its own range.

Unfortunately i do not have an Apple store in the country I live in but we do have an Apple authorized reseller but they do not offer the 'quality' and freedom of a genuine Apple Store. If I did have a store then I wouldnt be asking almost any questions about Macs on these forums. They charge super high unnecessary prices as well. e.g a basic Mac Pro costs s500 but over here they charge well above 3000.

Is it true that you can make the iMac work only on one cable if you use wifi and wireless keyboard/mouse? Arent there ANY other cables except for the power cable?

I carried my PC one day to my TV and connected it using an sVideo cable. The quality was pathetic and sad. I couldn't read a word on screen. Does this happen on a Mac lets say if I use the appropriate cables that are compatible with the iMac?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: imac hardware
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: imac hardware
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sorry. Builtin speakers are always ranked poorly.

In reply to: imac hardware

Have you heard a builtin that actually did better than say headphones?

The answers in my opinion are yes, non other required and yes, all TV outputs (SD resolution) are poor.
Bob

Collapse -
movies on tV

In reply to: Sorry. Builtin speakers are always ranked poorly.

the mac mini can present good image quality on the TV so why cant an imac.

say that i have a movie that i want to watch on Tv or i want to show a webpage or document or any other thing on a Standard Def TV and my imac is close by. so which cable do you recommend to use

Collapse -
Sorry, SD TV aka 480p is...

In reply to: movies on tV

Pretty poor stuff. It could be 480i if on NTSC so to call this a good picture means you are not looking too closely.

Bob

Collapse -
Answers, minus the speakers

In reply to: imac hardware

Yes, it is true that if you are using a wireless (Bluetooth) keyboard and mouse and have a wireless internet connection, the only cord you need to be plugged into the iMac, is the power cord.

I've never had a reason to try connecting my Mac to my TV so I cannot comment on that one. I can tell you that a projector, connected via S-Video, produces a reasonable image.

What is that currency symbol. It looks like a $(dollar) but probably isn't as the Mac Pro costs a whole bunch more than $500. A basic Mac Pro goes for $2499 in the US

P

Collapse -
lol typos and misunderstandings.

In reply to: Answers, minus the speakers

let me type out that bit of my message agin.

a basic Mac Pro costs $2500 but over here they charge well above $3000.

Collapse -
What a pity

In reply to: lol typos and misunderstandings.

I was going to get you to send me a couple! Happy

P

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.