Question

Im trying to download Realtek so my itunes sound better

and everytime I download it this message appears:
Windows cannot find C:\User\kotagirl2001\Music\iTunes\iTunesMedia\Automatically Add to itunes\64bit_Vista_Win7R268.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

I never typed that.

I have a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC model number A6Z64UA#ABA.

Not sure what to do
Thank you,
Renee'

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Im trying to download Realtek so my itunes sound better
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Im trying to download Realtek so my itunes sound better
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
1. I've never found that to help the sound quality.

2. Why are you trying a vista driver?

3. Why are you not using the HP driver?

- Collapse -
Im trying to download Realtek so my itunes sound better

I did get it from HP and it says vista_win7 this is not the right driver?

- Collapse -
I see that now.

It's HP's naming that threw me off here.

I can't know why it's doing this. Many folk are blissfully unaware of what laptop they have. For example folk ask for a driver for the HP DV6000 but that's not possible to answer because that's the series with some dozens of models.

There's also folk that install Windows 7 from scratch and didn't know that they had to install the motherboard drivers first.
Bob

- Collapse -
There is an updated driver
But the way I found it was thru slimdrivers(dot)com. It ends in 270.exe. Try that site and you will get the correct driver. It is Vista_Win7_Win8_R270, I have it in my flashdrive. Darrell
PS I have a Compaq(HP) WIN7 Home Edition, just change (dot to .)
- Collapse -
Can't help you. Why?

Slimdrivers dot anything is not HP.COM and therefore any issue you have is back to them. I don't advise use of such or any driver finder as the results are nothing but folk asking questions or worse, a PC that doesn't work anymore.
Bob

- Collapse -
(NT) Bob, slimdrivers is found on CNET. Darrell
- Collapse -
Go to Download at the top, type in slimdrivers.com in the..

search box. And there it is from Download.com. Darrell

- Collapse -
There's also

Registry cleaners, torrents and other bad things. This is the CNET discussion forum and as such, we can discuss such without too much fear of fire from above.

I can't help you with what they call "out of band" updates.

However if I wanted better sound, I'd look at better speakers or maybe some USB audio card.
Bob

- Collapse -
I had 5 updates
Alcor Micro Card Reader 2.0, Realtek driver, ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics update, Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller (for ethernet), DOT4USB driver update & Vista_Win7_Win8_R270 Realtek driver. My computer is only 9 months old. For that is proof unto itself. No spware, adware, crapware, etc. That was amazing! I had no idea that the card reader was not working.

CNET Forums