Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

im new here

by laydeefressh / November 5, 2005 6:14 AM PST

how can i view my own porfile??

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: im new here
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: im new here
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It's easy...
by John.Wilkinson / November 5, 2005 11:25 AM PST
In reply to: im new here

At the bottom of every post it states who the author is...clicking on the username, or the ''(see profile)'' next to it will take you to the person's profile. This will work for your own as well when you are viewing your own post. Another way is to look at the top of the left-hand column, where it says ''Welcome, laydeefressh.'' Clicking your username there will also take you to your profile.

However, I would like to note that Cnet switched to a new profile page on Thursday, and they are currently trying to work a lot of bugs out. Thus, sometimes it will tell you the page cannot be found, may not display your most recent posts, etc. Please be patient, as it should be fixed soon, and issues like this are not that common.

Hope this helps,
John

P.S. Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your time here, and if you have any questions/comments about forums, feel free to post them by clicking here.

Collapse -
I'm new too
by guyi / November 10, 2005 1:40 AM PST
In reply to: It's easy...

Hi John, I liked your reply to laydeefresh very much because I'm new to these forums too, but I have found very aggresive responses to messeges, complaining that I'm writing about non related subjects or if people doesn't write english correctly they shouldn't participate, so many thanks again for your possitive and welcoming attitude. I feel more encouraged to participate now.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Forgive them for they know not what they say. :)
by glenn30 / November 10, 2005 2:30 AM PST
In reply to: I'm new too
Collapse -
In the left
by PudgyOne / November 5, 2005 11:34 AM PST
In reply to: im new here

In the left hand corner you'll find the letters in yellow

Edit profile click on it

Then you can edit your profile to meet your needs.

Please try to put as much information about your operating system there.

If you are not sure about your operation system then

click start

click programs

click accessories

click system tools

click system information

click on os name

click edit

click select all

click edit again

click copy and paste your system information in the appropriate block.

Hope this helps.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?