Laptops forum

General discussion

im looking for a decent laptop with long battery life.

by boxing / May 24, 2006 4:09 AM PDT

Hi,
Im looking for a cheap laptop, like below $1000. I dont care about its performance or style but i need it to be light (around 4 or 5 lb) and it must have long battery life. Refurbished system is ok as long as it comes with 1 year warranty. Maybe the conditions i provided are kinda tricky but your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: im looking for a decent laptop with long battery life.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: im looking for a decent laptop with long battery life.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I own a Dell Inspiron 6400

and I love it.

I can get up to 6:30 of battery life.

Configure it with the X1300, 9-cells battery and the TrueLife display if you like glossy screen and you will have a nice laptop.

Collapse -
Thanks
by boxing / May 27, 2006 10:08 AM PDT

Thanks for the help, really apprieciated. Maybe ill hold a little bit longer till august to wait for the 64bit core duo processor out then ill make a huge investment to buy a more powerful laptop that is good for 2 or 3 years

Collapse -
Up to next Windows version ...
by Ghost26-20878886633866019035262628200812 / May 27, 2006 10:51 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

... 64 bits won't make a big leap. There is not enought people that has a 64 bits processor. Maybe in five years, when the next version after Vista will be on the market, 64 bits will grew up. Maybe the next version after Vista will be in entire 64 bits.

Microsoft made Vista very very heavy. Everybody will need a very powerful computer ( I'm really not joking ! ). It's not everybody that has a 1 GHz processor, 256 MB VRAM, 40 GB of hard-drive, 1,5 GB of RAM. I think they want that the majority of people buy a new computer not for Vista, but to be ready for the "after-Vista". Because you know, once you completely redesign the inteface and make many changes from XP, what can you do ? So the "after-vista", yes there will be changes, but not enought big to change your computer.

But as I said, if REALLY 64 bits make a big leap into our life, then, it will be a good idea to upgrade the processor Yonah for Merom.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!