Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

ILO mp3 player Sorting Difficulties

by widsithgrey / August 19, 2006 12:43 PM PDT

I just bought the ILO 1 GB mp3 player from Wal-Mart yesterday, about 24 hours ago.

I got songs onto it without a problem, and from what I can tell the sound quality is fine.

However, I am having a problem that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere by other ILO users. The ILO player likes to search files, update the index, and then sort, a process that takes several minutes. It will sometimes do this process just once, and other times it will do this over and over again (like it is sitting in front of me right now, for probably a good 20 minutes). While it is doing the sort thing, I can not turn it off or get to the menu.

There are several times when it will go through this sorting process:

1. When skipping songs. I don't mean past hundreds of songs, I'm talking about skipping to just the next song on the list or, if I'm lucky, past maybe 3-4 songs.

2. Randomly, for no apparent reason. I thought, "Okay, maybe I just can't skip on this too much," and tried just letting it play through the playlist. It got through about 3 or 4 songs before it suddenly started sorting again. I hadn't touched anything and the buttons had actually been locked.

Am I doing something wrong or is this an issue on the ILO? I don't have the package or receipt so I can't return it, and I haven't found any kind of customer service for it anywhere. I also couldn't find any kind of instructions in the package when I opened it, and the information I've found on the internet has been absolutely minimal.

I've tried different play mode settings with no luck, and haven't changed the playlist except once since I first put all of the songs on it, so there is no need for it to keep resorting. This is frustrating! I've had this for a day and I've only listened to maybe 5 songs on it.

Can anyone help me? How do I get it to stop sorting?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ILO mp3 player Sorting Difficulties
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ILO mp3 player Sorting Difficulties
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
ILO is crap
by martywake / December 1, 2006 9:40 PM PST

I had a similar problem with my 2GB ILO MP3 Player. And you cannot just pick a song in the middle of you playlist and start the rotation there either.
Another little warning, I had my player for about six months when a connection inside the female portion of the headphone jack (inside the player itself) broke. Now I can only listen to music out of one earpiece on my headphone. If I twist the jack and hold it in a certain position I can get sound out of both ear buds, but that is a crap shoot.

I would advise returning you ILO player and buying something like an IPOD nano or something.

Collapse -
ILO MP3 Player problems
by HM52425 / December 31, 2006 3:54 AM PST

My wife bought the 2GB model, and I had the same problem with loading songs on it. I finally went to REAL player and was able to load most every thing she wanted. I decided to get songs from Limewire and transfer to the Library of the REAL player and then add to her ILO.

I have a problem and would like some help. How do you gat rid of any unwanted playlists off a Sansa M240 player through REAL player? Any help is appreciated

Collapse -
Connect player to computer
by ktreb / December 31, 2006 8:34 AM PST

RealPlayer recognizes it, when you see the device in RP, you should then be able to delete the playlists. Or delete everything on it and start over.

BTW, you really shouldn't mention getting songs from Limewire in your posting. Most of the songs obtained through Limewire are copyrighted and therefore illegal. (Unless the songs are uploaded by the artists themselves and give permission to distribute in this manner) By revealing this you are admitting in a public forum that you have illegal music. The software itself is not illegal. The music most likely is.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.