Computer Help forum

General discussion

iknowmed transcription software

by ramanand75 / October 7, 2009 8:22 PM PDT

The software is installed successfully. It does launch and opens to a login page but after logging in, the page does not open. They say login info is perfectly ok; the problem is with computer. Help

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: iknowmed transcription software
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: iknowmed transcription software
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Niot Much Information There..
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 8, 2009 2:09 AM PDT

More information about your computer would sure help.. Operating system? Make and model? Etc.

In the meantime, if you haven't, please disable all popup blockers on the browser you're using.. Along the same line, if you've installed a specialized HOSTS file, rename it to HOSTS.txt and see if it now connects correctly.

Next, if that doesn't help, try installing the latest Java on your machine per the instructions below:

Click on the link to Sun's Java below, then scroll down and click on the ''Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE)-JRE 6 Update 16'' download button. Follow the prompts, select the Windows platform and the "Language", accept the license agreement, then download the full ''Windows OFFLINE Installation'' file to your desktop,(about 15 MB), scan it with your antivirus (just to be sure it's clean). Once that's done, if you've already got a Sun Java version on the computer, open the Control Panel, double click on the ''Add/Remove Programs'' section, then uninstall all previous versions of the J2SE Java listed there. Once that's done, then install Java JRE 6u16 from the downloaded installer.

http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

And if that doesn't fix the issue, please try installing a secondary browser such as the free one from Firefox at the link below.. If Firefox works correctly, then you know your Internet Explorer is the problem.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Iknowmed transcription software still not working
by ramanand75 / October 9, 2009 9:38 PM PDT

My system info: Windows XP, Version 2002, SP2, NortonAntivirus (subscription expired), IE7.

Thanks a lot for helping me. Sorry last time i did not give my system info, however, I have done all the three steps still same problem.

What the IknowMed systems support says is below:

iKnowMed has never caused issues like this. There is just not much software that iKnowMed loads on the computer that could cause this. Here's a high-level description of those files, and there's a bit more information about them in the attached Workstation Setup guide.
? The installLaunch.EXE file, which you may have downloaded and ran to install LaunchIKM, only installs 3 programs: LaunchIKM, TestNetwork and IESpell.
? LaunchIKM, when run, makes changes to registry settings that affect Internet Explorer and the computer's Sound Options.
? TestNetwork is a BAT (or batch file) script, which runs commands for measuring the upload and download speed on your network. This is typically not used.
? IESpell is an Internet Explorer plugin that allows spell check to be done within iKnowMed.
? 4 files are loaded when you load the Log In page, and they contain the ActiveX controls used in iKnowMed to view documents, use the dictation player, use the foot pedal and more. These files are only used by iKnowMed.
? As you use iKnowMed images, JavaScript files and other temporary web page related files are stored in the Temporary Internet Files cache.
I spoke with one of our developers, and iKnowMed's software does not have the capability on its own to cause that kind of problem.

Iknowmed does not support any other browser than IE6 or 7.

I did find that the problem is common for Windows computers. This page has helpful troubleshooting steps: http://forums.cnet.com/5208-10149_102-0.html?threadID=292644.

Now, is there need to format my system, coz i dont want. I have been working for 3 years and all the shortcuts and other things will be gone. Pls help sir that i dont have to format. Pls. Thanks in advance for your help.

sincerely Ramanand

Collapse -
The Link Provided By Iknowmed Is Strange..
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 10, 2009 10:15 AM PDT

It has nothing to do with your particular problem.. The link is about computers that repeatedly reboot and your problem is about an issue with a login window on their Iknowmed software.. But clearly, you need to use Internet Explorer for the ActiveX items to work correctly.

So next, please try simply disabling the Pop-up Blocker on Internet Explorer by clicking on "Tools" in the upper left, select "Pop-up Blocker", then select "Turn OFF pop-up blocker".

If that doesn't get it done, try resetting Internet Explorer so the security settings are set to default and the "add-ons" are disabled..

Reset security settings for Internet Explorer
If you configure security settings to be too restrictive, you may prevent Internet Explorer from displaying certain Web sites. To determine whether an issue is caused by overly restrictive security settings, revert to default security settings. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click Tools in the upper left, and then click Internet Options.
3. Click the Security tab.
4. Click Reset all zones to default level, and then click OK.

If that doesn't help, then try running IE without add-ons like this:

1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click {b]Tools, and then click Internet Options.
3. Click the Advanced tab.
4. Under Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset.

Just one more thought here.. Norton's antivirus and firewall can frequently cause such issue. At this point, since the subscription has expired, why not uninstall everything Norton and see if things start to work correctly.. Windows XP already has a internal firewall you can enable and there are free antivirus programs such as those in the links below.. Give them a try.

Avira (Currently among the best in detection rates, paid or free.)
http://www.free-av.com/en/download/1/download_avira_antivir_personal__free_antivirus.html

Avast
http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

AVG Antivirus
http://free.avg.com/ww.download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
thanks with a new issue
by ramanand75 / October 13, 2009 10:24 PM PDT

Hi thanks for helping in iknowmed issues; however, that software could not be installed rather it gave some other issues to the system. So the concerned company asked us to not to install that. But in the process, there is a new weird kinda problem. I have to internet connections, broadband and dia-up. When i run the dial-up it is working ok, but if i try to launch IE with broadband it says:
"The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."

To attempt fixing network connectivity problems, click Tools, and then click "Diagnose Connection Problems..."

I have tried everything instructed by book for network connection (broadband)but failed.

sir, can you help with this please.

Collapse -
Then Try This...
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 15, 2009 11:55 AM PDT

Download the free WinsockXPFix utility from the link below.. Once it's on your desktop, run the program to repair your internet connection software..

http://www.majorgeeks.com/WinSock_XP_Fix_d4372.html

In addition, just in case it's an Internet Explorer issue, try downloading and installing a second browser such as the free Firefox from the link below.. If Firefox works well with broadband, then you know Internet Explorer needs to be repaired.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
hi problem not solved
by ramanand75 / October 19, 2009 1:14 PM PDT
In reply to: Then Try This...

As instructed in the last post, i did both, the winsock fix from majorgeeks.com as well as got the mozilla firefox but internet is not working in broadband though okay with dial-up. The network connection is showing okay. Pls help

Collapse -
OK, Let's Try A Different Wrinkle
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 19, 2009 1:44 PM PDT

Please make sure it's not a malware issue by following the steps below:

On a friend or family member's computer, download the Malwarebytes installer and update files from the links below, copy them to a CD or flash drive, then transfer the files to the problem machine and use them. If you can't start the computer into "normal" windows, try installing, updating, and running the scans AFTER the computer is started into Safe Mode.. I use the sites below to download the installer file and the manual updater:

Once downloaded and before transferring them to the problem machine, rename the program installer "mbam-setup.exe" file to something else like "Gogetum.exe", then copy the installer file and the update file to a CD or flash drive.. Transfer the file to the problem machine, then install the "Gogetum.exe" file, then run the update to get the program current.. After that, run a full system scan and delete anything it finds.

Malwarebytes Installer Download Link (Clicking on the links below will immediately start the download dialogue window.)
http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe

Malwarebytes Manual Updater link
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/database/mbam-rules.exe

In a few situations, in order for the program to run, it was also necessary to rename the main "mbam.exe" file also after installing it.. It resides in the C:\Programs Files\Malwarebytes Antimalware folder....

Hope this helps and tell us what the program finds, if anything.

Grif

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.