Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

IIS_ref_mb_anonymouspasswrdsync.htm

by Ernestine / June 2, 2005 1:53 PM PDT

Hi,

DH and I both have new HP Media Center PCs and I am now trying to check out some of the things we may not want to keep.

Does anyone know why this would be in Argonne's "My Documents" folder? We have no idea where it came from and it doesn't seem to be anywhere on my computer. I was looking for something else when I spotted this, it is not in a sub folder. When I clicked to see what it is the page showed but at the top it says "IE has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer." On the page it says "This property indicates whether IIS should handle the user password for anonymous users attempting to access resources. For anonymous access to function properly, if the value of AnonymousPasswordSync is FALSE the administrator must set the AnonymousUserPass property. If the value of AnonymousPasswordSync is TRUE, no anonymous user password is required." After this there are two lists, one headed "Attribute Name" and beside that is "Attribute Value". Then it say "Access Locations" with two more lists - "Metabase Path" and "LLS Admin Object Type".

I apoligize for this being so long but I haven't a clue what it is talking about.

Could this have something to do with setting up the wireless between the two PCs?

I am totally mystified. Did Google searches with no luck.

Hp m1270n
Windows XP
IE6 sp2
LAN
SBC DSL

Thank you for any help.

Ernestine
in southern California

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: IIS_ref_mb_anonymouspasswrdsync.htm
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: IIS_ref_mb_anonymouspasswrdsync.htm
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Ernestine, You Should Be Able To Delete That File...
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / June 3, 2005 4:22 AM PDT

It's an informational webpage file only but I'm not sure why it got placed in the "My Documents" folder.. It does sound like the IIS server programs were being used for your network setup...About the IIS AnonymousPasswordSync (You made some slight typos in your post.), here is a link which might give a little more info:

AnonymousPasswordSync

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) NT - Thank you, Grif. Ernestine
by Ernestine / June 3, 2005 11:01 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!