Speakeasy forum

General discussion

If you have been told that there is no hope for a loved one suffering from an irreparable physical problem - then read this

by SteveGargini / February 24, 2004 2:22 PM PST
http://www.aegis.com/news/lt/1996/LT960904.html

Western medicine simply didn't know what to do with Terry Adams.
After suffering a stroke last summer that left him partially paralyzed and unable to speak, the 50-year-old former banking vice president listened anxiously to his physician's dire predictions about his future.

As Adams looked on, the doctor explained to his wife, Roxanna, that his chances for a normal life were hopeless, that he'd never tie his shoes again, let alone utter another word.

"The doctor thought Terry was too far gone to understand what he was saying," Roxanna Adams recalled. "But when he turned his back, Terry gave him the finger with his good hand."

With this not-so-fond adieu to Western medicine, Terry and Roxanna Adams decided to seek their medical answers in the East. After consulting with friends, they visited the Santa Monica offices of Beijing-born Dr. Baolin Wu.

A year after beginning his thrice-weekly treatments of acupuncture and the ancient Chinese self-healing art of qi gong, Adams has undergone a remarkable medical transformation: He has regained the use of his once paralyzed right hand. He has begun to speak and now even drives to his treatments.

"I have seen a miracle," Adams said recently, slowly measuring his words.

Added his wife: "Terry's victory is over the patronizing attitude of Western medicine. Doctors scoffed at qi gong, said we could put Terry in a corner and throw chicken blood on him if he thinks it's helping. Now they're all impressed with Terry's progress. But I've stopped caring what they think."

and there is even more on the link including someone who had brain damage.
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: If you have been told that there is no hope for a loved one suffering from an irreparable physical problem - then read this
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: If you have been told that there is no hope for a loved one suffering from an irreparable physical problem - then read this
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
There's always hope, Steve...

Steve, there's always hope. A long time ago I was in a coma that almost all doctors said was hopeless. They told my wife to prepare to deal with the burial and such, and my "sterling" government health care said that the expense to keep me alive was not authorized. My doctor, with whom I was close friends, wouldn't "pull the plug", and eventually I "woke up". No acupuncture or other alternative health routines, I just woke up.
That was 12 years ago. There is always hope. BTW, getting a person with speech problems can sometimes be helped by getting them a parrot, they can teach each other to talk. Again in the case of the person, for the first time in the case of the parrot.

Collapse -
Yikes! J. I had no idea you had that problem and what a worry for your dear wife but
by SteveGargini / February 24, 2004 3:39 PM PST

It's fantastic that you woke up. Thank God you were left on the machinery. I bet you have a completely different outlook on life, having been so close to death.
I really wish the medical profession would be a bit more careful when they decide to pull the plug.
Heaven only knows how many people in a coma had their support taken away, yet would have woken up given a bit more time.
I for one am very glad you are with us J.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!