Please use BOTH of the free tools below to scan your computer.
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the link below:
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.
And IF you are not able to download these tools on your machine, please use a friend or family member's computer and download the Malwarebytes tool and it's manual update from the link below.. Once downloaded, rename the program installer "mbam-setup.exe" file to something else like "Gogetum.exe", then copy the installer file and the update file to a CD or flash drive.. Transfer the file to the problem machine, then install the "Gogetum.exe" file, then run the update to get the program current.. After that, run a full system scan and delete anything it finds.
Malwarebytes Download Link (Clicking on the links below will immediately start the download dialogue window.)
Malwarebytes Manual Updater link
After doing that, then download the free tool from the link below, install it, update it, then run a full system scan:
SUPERAntispyware Removal Tool
Hope this helps.
------------------------- iexplore.exe - Application Error --------------------------- The instruction at "0x100199d4" referenced memory at "0x100199d4". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program --------------------------- OK --------------------------- This problem comes almost every time user is clicking on any link inside Oracle e business suite, I have already applied all the patches to the system , Mcafee Anti virus 8.5 installed into system , but i am getting the same issue even after disabling it, This issue is coming to many computers on same website(oracle e business suite 11i ) I thought it could be profile issue , but the problem comes back even with new profile. full permission to system drive has been given, userid has full permission to user hive and read only permission to system hive. already applied :Microsoft KB Article Number(s): 899811 *this problem is happening with IE, IESP1 and IESP2