I use Gmail as well, but since I haven't experienced that it's gotta be an issue with Internet Explorer. (I receive the alert of switching between secure and nonsecure zones when loading the login page, then again when being transferred to the mail page, but never the one concerning mixed content.) Thus, I'd try a couple of things:
* To verify it's IE, try it with another browser, such as Firefox.
* Go tools->internet options->security and click ''default level,'' then ''restore defaults'' on the advanced tab.
* That's not a problem IEFix is designed for, but it just might work.
* Click here for instructions of repairing Internet Explorer.
Hope this helps,
Hope I'm posting this to the correct forum, I thought about the security forum but think this is an IE6 thing or possibly just a G-Mail problem.
Yesterday I started having a problem which I noticed on G-Mail first but not sure if it's just G-Mail.
I started receiving a pop-up message "This page contains both secure and nonsecure items" "Do you want to view nonsecure items?" I answer YES, many sites then display the page, in G-Mail the operation ABORTS.
I've done the following so far:
1. Tools | Internet Options | Advanced
2. Uncheck "Warn if changing between secure and not secure mode"
1. Tools | Internet Options | Security
2. Highlight Trusted Sites | Custom Level
3. Under Miscellaneous, enable "Display mixed content" to Enable.
I've done both those things, but I still keep getting the message. Is there anything else I can do to get rid of it? Is this a G-Mail problem (I have an open ticket with support there) or does it look like an IE6 problem.
I'm using XP Pro SP 2 and IE6 ALL SP's & updates applied.
Thanks for any help,