Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

IE6 New Problem

Hi,

Windows '98SE, IE6 SP's on. I go to a regular page WWW.IWON.COM and tonight I'm not able to access it, I see restricted. This has never happened before but I also put on new SPYBOT S&D beta6 & the latest ADAWARE file also.

OK so I went to Internet options, security tab & see security is set to HIGH, I for the time being lower it to medium & get the following message from WWW.IWON.COM The browser you're using is not allowing you to sign in to iWon.

Right now, your browser's settings are configured to disable cookies and/or javascript. In order to access your account, you must change your browser's settings to accept both cookies AND javascript.

I go to privacy tab under internet options on IE6 and see medium set there, I even went so far as to edit that & allow cookies from *.iwon.com.

At this point I'm a little lost, what should I look at, any help will be greatfully accepted.

Thanks,

Steve

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: IE6 New Problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: IE6 New Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:IE6 New Problem = It's a PEST SITE! IWON.COM is a source of MALWARE.

In reply to: IE6 New Problem

As such, it's correct behaviour to block that site.

Please post in the Security Forum if you want to know about IWON.COM and MALWARE/PESTS/PARASITES.

Bob

Collapse -
Re:IE6 New Problem

In reply to: IE6 New Problem

Iwon.com is being blocked by Spybot. Sounds like your software is doing its job well. I don't recommend it, but if you want to be able to visit that site, run Spybot, go to the "Immunize" section and disable the browser helper. I had to do that because Spybot would not allow me to go to travelocity.com.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!