Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

IE will not access ''My Yahoo'' page

by martyh33 / June 24, 2006 2:09 AM PDT

I own a Gateway laptop,with Microsoft Windows XP, Home Edition, Service Pack 2, version 2002. Suddenly it appears that although I can access my Yahoo mail just fine, when I click on ''My Yahoo'' to go to ''my yahoo'' page, Internet Explorer pops up a box that says it cannot access this site, and has aborted the operation. I can access all of my other Yahoo sites, such as Yahoo photos, just fine. This has never ever happened before. IE works fine with my Hotmail accout, and ''My MSM'' site. Yesterday I tried restarting my computer, and I did finally access the ''My Yahoo'' site. But this morning it's back to being unavailable. I tried the restarting again, but no luck this time. This little ''eye'' with a red dot with a white slash through it has been popping up alot....anyone have any ideas what's going on? I've had my Yahoo account for years...it's never done this before.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: IE will not access ''My Yahoo'' page
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: IE will not access ''My Yahoo'' page
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I have been to the My Yahoo page
by DarCLew2 / June 24, 2006 2:33 AM PDT

I have a Gateway Desktop, but I put the E for Internet Explorer on it and Internet Options, I have the homepage under general tab as http://www.microsoft.com/
Under View is Yahoo Toolbar. You can sign on there and go to the MY Yahoo page. I have had Yahoo before I had a computer (pre-1999). , I to have WINXP Home SP2, 2 yahoo accounts, hotmail account which redirects to MSN. Have you run an antispywaare scan?? Darrell Lewis

Collapse -
Servers...
by jackintucson / June 24, 2006 4:05 AM PDT

Yahoo uses many servers. Each with a specific purpose. This is why you can access the others. I'd suggest that the "My Yahoo" server is either down or too busy. Try again in a few hours and let us know.

and life goes on...

Jack

Collapse -
IE cannot access ''My Yahoo'' page
by martyh33 / June 24, 2006 8:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Servers...

for whoever sees this: I took my laptop to BestBuy, and after three ''geek squad'' people clicked this and that and make a phone call and consulted each other, they finally realized that because my satellite provider upgraded a couple of weeks ago, for some reason suddenly my shields were thinking that ''My Yahoo'' was some ad that needed to be blocked. They reconfigured this and that, and it seems to work fine, now. (It seems other folks were having the exact same problem in the last few days.)
Thanks for your inputs....

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!