General discussion

IE Service Pack 1 Update KB8667282

MY O.S. is Windows Me. I can download the Windows Update but it wil not install. I get a message saying that the install failed. try again. It never installs. Suggestions anyone?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: IE Service Pack 1 Update KB8667282
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: IE Service Pack 1 Update KB8667282
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
try saving it instead

to a folder and run it from there.

FYI this is not a virus issue per se.

shld be posted in the computer help forum.

- Collapse -

Thanks for the info dawillie. I apologize for getting in the wrong forum. I assumed that since this is a security update it would be here. Thanks again for your consideration.

- Collapse -
You could also try downloading

it here instead of from Windows Updates. As David said this is not the proper forum but I happen to have that link handy LOL. I think you had an extra "6" in your subject title. Make sure this is actually the one you want and also make sure you do the correct one for your operating system.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS05-014.mspx

- Collapse -

Roddy32,you were correct. I inadvertanly added an extra 6 into the number. I apologize for using the wrong forum. I assumed since this is a critical security update it should be here. My mistake. Thanks for the info you provided.

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) That's no problem at all, good,luck. :D

CNET Forums

Forum Info