Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

IE pain in the *** !!!

Since yesterday i keep recieving this popu error window on my ie whenever i open a webpage ... I think its the results of an adware or spyware , which i scanned with adaware and deleted them , but i think it messed with the ie settings so bad that no matter what i do it keeps showing , ive reinstalled ie , reset it to default settings still no luck , so i am going to ask you guys to see if some1 knows of a solution.

http://vxdesigns.com/problem.jpg

Any help will be appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: IE pain in the *** !!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: IE pain in the *** !!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Standard message

In reply to: IE pain in the *** !!!

It just means that the secure page you are viewing has "insecure" items as well. The important stuff should be secure though.

Collapse -
Firefox

In reply to: Standard message

Collapse -
Well....you originally posted

with some vague reference to a 'hypothetical' website that you wanted 'help' with in our Web Design Forum....when it was obvious that the website (which you have linked to here in your post again) belongs to you, is sophisticated enough in the designing that your knowledge is greater than you let on, and you have also linked in a few other of our forums with this website complaining that this link is what is now showing up in IE as a 'popup'.

You are attempting to drive traffic to your site by any means you can with your posts, and advertising such as this is against the TOS rules you agreed to when you signed up.

Please cease and desist since if you actually HAD a spyware problem, it wouldn't be driving you to your own site, now would it?

TONI

Collapse -
NO WAY Not my intentions at ALL!!!

In reply to: Well....you originally posted

i swere to god i had no such intention toni ... the only intention i had was for the readers/helpers to see a live demonstration of the problem so i posted about this before in some other forum but when ever i tried to access my previous post it gave a huge error and i couldnt see any replies ... So without waisting time by waiting for mods to fix it i posted another one here ... plus this post wasnt about MY website , i am a rogers dealer and thats rogers dealer website offcource i didnt make it toni , i just took a screen shot to show you guys what the error/popup was ... and if i did intend to populate my OWn website dont you think i would have taken the error sreen shot on MY website and not rogers ??? Think about it bro , i think you have gotten me wrong .... Its actually my internet explorer which is messed up , and it gives that error whenver i open ANY page not just mine or rogers .... So is there any way to uninstall i.e by using a programme which also removes all the registry entries and settings set by it .... Ive tried teh microsoft uninstall procedures ... And they didnt help me out as i reinstalled IE the problem was still there .... So im guessing its in my registry as teh spyware/adaware did sumthing there for sure ....
Thx in advance

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Toni's not a bro. she's a sis. LOL

In reply to: NO WAY Not my intentions at ALL!!!

Collapse -
REMOVE IE - Or at least Access to it:

1) go to <a href="http://firefox.com">FIREFOX.COM</a>
and download Firefox 1.04 (or above)
2) Start>All Programs>Program Access and Defaults>
3) REMOVE IE as your default browser, and set FIREFOX as default browser.

If you do this, you will be rewarded with:

A) No Insidious Parasiteware that has installed itself without your say-so cos you accidentally visited I-Lookup.com
B) NO viruses that have planted themselves into your OS becuase you visited http://pr

Collapse -
I need IE man !!!

In reply to: REMOVE IE - Or at least Access to it:

Lols i appreciate your concerns people but truly i need to use ie becus that website only alows ie browser and nothing else Sad Im sorry about calling toni a bro ... i didnt know *blushes* i hope she forgives me ^^

Collapse -
FireFox

In reply to: I need IE man !!!

If you really want to stop the problem install firefox, and dont use that site anymore, they are requiring users to use a faulty product in my mind, send them an email seen as your a member and tell them youd like to access it from firefox and they can change a few settings, otherwise live with your problem.

Collapse -

In reply to: FireFox

As I understand it. Most site require IE in order to install their spyware and malware on your computer. o_O

Collapse -
Haha!

In reply to: ...

" As I understand it. Most site require IE in order to install their spyware and malware on your computer. o_O"

That's right! You got it! Under IE I would pick up about 15 to 20 pieces of parasiteware daily and I would have to run all my virus protection programs daily.

Since I have been using Firefox on four computers, I have not gotten a single unwanted program OR virus... Since about 4 months now.

Collapse -
Ok, if you need IE:

In reply to: I need IE man !!!

Then set it up to allow access to ONLY the website that you need it for. Everything else, use Firefox for. Firefox is not too good for certain websites that have a lot of java applets. But it does porevent most forms of abuse you can get from a website

Collapse -
You should be grateful....

....that pop up is a WARNING, not an error. IE security is warning you about a potential danger ! How nice !

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.