Computer Help forum

General discussion

IE mess up, did i mess up my computer, help

by no.brains.at.all / November 24, 2006 1:20 PM PST

omg

ok i was downloading internet explorer 7 and i accedently interupted it when i thought it was done installing, but it really wasnt. i restarted my computer to see if it worked and installed right and i had this IE trouble shooting icon on my desktop screen.
this is where it takes me:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917925

it says in "work around" that the computer operating system might be messed up and might not be able to be fixed.

is everything ok

or did i mess something up????
ahhhh

is it ok if i just try to dowload it over?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: IE mess up, did i mess up my computer, help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: IE mess up, did i mess up my computer, help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
From reading all your posts,
by PudgyOne / November 24, 2006 5:53 PM PST
Collapse -
Check ADD/REMOVE Programs..
by castingRod47 / November 24, 2006 6:48 PM PST

I have Deleted Microsoft UPDATE programs and then have had then successfully Re-Installed..
The ADD/REMOVE Programs section will alert you to Problems w/an UN-Install..so don't hurry again and miss the info provided..
As far as I know IE7 can be un-installed and then re-installed successfully..I was able to SAVE a COPY of IE7 in My Downloads on MSN.com..but I have not used it at all..I went w/the Dowloaded version.

Collapse -
by no.brains.at.all / November 25, 2006 1:43 AM PST

ok
so i guess my computer is fine, but it doesnt recognize any entry of downloading ie7. and yes i have restarted my computer. i went back this morning to try and reinstall it and there are two windows that pop
both looking to be the same proccess, but there different
one downloads and finishes
and doesnt do anything, and then the other say i cant download it
so this is a just a bog problem when it shouldnt be...
but im right that it didnt mess up my regular internet or computer settings?

Collapse -
by no.brains.at.all / November 25, 2006 1:57 AM PST
In reply to: ...

is the trouble shooting icon and where it takes me just to explain why it cant be downloaded and how i can change things to be downloaded. can anyone tell me which methods have me mess with the registry, i would think the ones that tell me to go to programs/run.
o and when im trying to go back and see if i can install it. where it has imformation on how big the file is and how long it will take to download say 0. but the first time i went they said like 13.1 mb and approxamintly 2 minutes to download
why is it doing that?

Collapse -
Repair your system
by PudgyOne / November 25, 2006 2:06 AM PST
In reply to: ...
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?