General discussion

IE/Firefox Problem!

Every time I go to websites such as gap.com, oldnavy.com and many other random sites, IE just closes down on its own. using firefox to go to these websites produces the dame result. i can't be sure, but the problem MAY have begun once i installed sp2. anyone else having this same problem or could help me? thanks!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: IE/Firefox Problem!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: IE/Firefox Problem!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Lambo, What Have You Tried?

Have you used any spyware tools to check for spyware? Be sure to try ALL of the free tools at the links below. Download, install, update, then run them:

Ad-Aware">http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/]Ad-Aware

- Collapse -
Tried EVERYTHING I know of!

I actually use Spy Sweeper with scheduled scans, plus I use Ad-Aware and SpyBot once a week as well. So I don't think it is spyware. As for Java, how do I know if it is installed? There was a listing under Tools called "Sun Java Console" but when I click it, IE crashes just like those websites?!?

- Collapse -
fixed it! thanks grif!

you pointed me to the whole Java thing! i reinstalled java and now everything works! thanks so much grif!

CNET Forums

Forum Info