Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

IE browser cannot load web site

by jacbk612 / March 3, 2010 12:24 AM PST

Hello, the Internet Explorer browser cannot load my main web page www.pumpfundamentals.com on my computer, it takes forever toload and then it says there is an eerror. It seems to work OK on other computers with IE. It also works on my computer with other browsers such as (i.e. safari, firefox, etc.)

I have deleted all cookies and temporary internet file, I am using IE v8.

Thanks for any help,

Jacques

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
Installed plugins...
by John.Wilkinson / March 3, 2010 2:29 AM PST

The website is not well designed by today's web development standards, but it still loads/functions mostly as expected. I'd like to know what the exact error message is, but I'd start by going Tools->Internet Options->Programs->Manage Add-ons and disable all of those that are not absolutely necessary. Most likely, it's a third-party add-on causing the problem since it's local to IE on a single computer.

John

Collapse -
Reset or Compatibility Mode
by bryn_ie8team / March 4, 2010 3:39 AM PST

Like John said, try managing your add-ons.

Another options is to try enabling the compatibility mode. It is the broken page icon next to the refresh button on the toolbar. Here?s a good resource from the IEBlog that talks about compatibility mode in detail for anyone interested in learning more about it: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2009/02/16/just-the-facts-recap-of-compatibility-view.aspx

If none of these work, try resetting IE8. In Internet Options, go to Advanced Tab and click on Reset tab. Restart IE. This step deletes all temp files, disables any add-ons, plug-ins, toolbars and also resets all changed settings to default. Although this is a quick-fix, you will have to re-install the add-ons.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Bryn
IE8 Outreach Team

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!