Question

IE 9 disapperaring and jumping cursor

Have a problem that only happens while using IE9.
No matter what website I am on, the cursor will just vanish or start blinking 3 times faster than normal.
I changed the mouse and that didn't help so went back to IE8 and the problem is gone.
It never happens with Firefox.
Couldn't find anything on the Microsoft support site about the problem.
I am using Vista Home Premium.
Has anyone run into this problem?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: IE 9 disapperaring and jumping cursor
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: IE 9 disapperaring and jumping cursor
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
IE 9 disappearing and jumping cursor

Hi,

Please ensure that Windows Vista Home Premium has the Service Pack 2 and all the windows updates are installed. Install IE9 through windows update and then try to run Internet Explorer with no add-ons.
Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, an add-on is causing it. To determine which add-on is causing the problem see:
IE Blog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode

If this does not help, create a new user account and use IE9.

Hope this helps.
Do write back with the results.

Thanks and Regards,
Manpreet C

- Collapse -
Re-installed IE9

I had removed IE9, so went to the Microsoft site, downloaded and installed it again and the trouble is gone.
So there must have been something messed up on the original IE9 I had on my computer.
I do have Vista SP2 on my computer and all the updates are the latest.
Thank you for the reply and I will remember your advise in case I have other problems.

- Collapse -
Only thought it was fixed.

After using IE9 a few more times, the disappearing and jumping cursor came back.
Thanks to Manpreet C I started disabling add-ons.
When I disabled "Adobe shockwave flash object" the trouble was gone and the cursor is working normal.
Many thanks as that was a real pain.

- Collapse -
IE9

Thank you for the response.

I am glad that the issue is resolved.
Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks and Regards,
Manpreet C

CNET Forums