General discussion

IE 8 display too small text boxes

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: IE 8 display too small text boxes
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: IE 8 display too small text boxes
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
It is IE8
- Collapse -
still waiting

still no use Sad

- Collapse -
I didn't offer a fix.

You don't have to wait to use Firefox, Opera or other fine solutions. Why must it be IE8?

I only offered that you are not alone in this annoying development.

- Collapse -
not ie

well from last 3 years i shifted to ff, but just come back to check the new improved (so called) but it disappointed me again Sad

- Collapse -
Here's the fix
- Collapse -
Thanks.

Makes you wonder why it is that way.

- Collapse -
the fix

I couldn't believe it when I installed IE8! That's why I posted the fix...glad it helped you.

Matt of eJabs.com

- Collapse -
thx

Thanks to you all for helping and fixing the problem.
Kami

- Collapse -
There must be something else in play...

I have that option checked and I have IE8. I don't have the rendering issue that you had with Google or other sites (yet, anyway).
So, while you posted a nice fix, I'm thinking there are other options that might be causing this, as well. Do you have anything else going on in Windows that might be contributing to this, such as skins/style sheets, etc.?

- Collapse -
There's a reason...

FF and Opera are great; I personally use FF, and Opera at times. I wouldn't use IE at all but I code things and I need to check various browsers to see how things look. Right now I'm coding scrollbar colors and for some reason, IE seems to be about the only browser that supports them...unfortunately. It's the only thing that's missing from browsers such as FF or Opera. Although I hear that Netscape does, which I'm about to check on right now. In any case, I'd recommend FF or Opera for your browser choice.

- Collapse -
Found it

* In IE8 click Tools >> Internet Options and choose the Advanced tab.
* Under Browsing about 1/2 way down, UNCHECK the Enable visual styles on buttons and controls in webpages.

- Collapse -
anti virus

What is the safest and best free anti virus.

CNET Forums