General discussion

IE 7 Crashing when using Acrobat Reader

When I downloaded IE 7 I also upgrated Ac Reader to Version 8. Every time I tried to open a PDF file IE would crash. I had to save the file and then open separately.

So deleted Version 8 of Acrobat Reader and installed version 6 of Ac Reader and that seems to work fine. But I do fine it still unstable at times. Is this just part of the growing pains. I sometimes use Firefox but I share this computer with my husband so usually IE is open. He won't use Firefox.

Is there anywhere I should go to download plugins or updates or do I just wait for Microsoft to fix the problems.

I do like version 7, it took awhile and a little effort but I have it set up nearly like version # 6.

The one thing I am not crazy about are the Favorites but we can't have everything.

I am using XP and do not see me changing to Vista for a long time.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: IE 7 Crashing when using Acrobat Reader
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: IE 7 Crashing when using Acrobat Reader
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Or disconnect the PDF writer from the browser.

If you remember this PDF in the browser has always had problems. So the common cure is to tell Adobe not to open in the browser. You'll also cleanup those pesky ACR*.TMP files.

Bob

- Collapse -
IE Crashes when using Acrobat

How do I tell not to open in the Browser IE? I have no problems with Firefox.

CNET Forums