Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

IE 7 Beta 2 and banking

by mopscare42 / April 26, 2006 11:47 PM PDT

I have heard from other forums that there have been a few problems when trying to complete finacial transactions on IE 7. By that I mean ones personal banking, paying credit cards, utilities and things like that.
It had something to do with the security settings.
Has anyone using IE Beta 2 ran into any problems along these lines.
I want to download and try it but if there are problems I will just wait.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: IE 7 Beta 2 and banking
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: IE 7 Beta 2 and banking
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
If it ain't broke. . .
by Coryphaeus / April 27, 2006 12:18 PM PDT
Collapse -
Thanks for your input
by mopscare42 / April 27, 2006 1:36 PM PDT
In reply to: If it ain't broke. . .

I was pretty much thinking along the same lines as you after reading about some of the problems with IE 7 Beta 2.
I do keep my computer very clean each day and do have all the updates, but IE 7 is still Beta so I think I will wait and see how things look when Vista comes out next year which will have IE 7.
Thanks again Wayne

Collapse -
Re; IE7 and Banking
by indigoaven / April 27, 2006 2:41 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks for your input

I too was going to download IE7 as it sounds pretty good, but if it's going to stop me from doing banking,etc. forget it. I'll stick with what's working. I just had one frustrating month with trying to install flash player 8. I don't need any more headaches. Thanks for giving me info on IE7.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?