Does the same happen:
- if you log in into the Guest account?
- if you make a new Windows account and log in to that?
- if you boot in Safe Mode and log in into your normal Windows account?
- if you go back with System Restore to before this started?
- if you reinstall Windows from scratch?
To research the last question, it might make sense to make an image of your system before the reinstall so you can go back if desired.
I'm running Win 7 Pro 64 bit.
Upon startup, everything is fine.
5-10 minutes in, when double clicking "Computer", the window opens up, and there's a 'rotating maginfying glass' over all 4 drive locations: 3 hard drives (1 boot, 2 files), cd/dvd.
Also, Icons no longer show previews in folders, only generic 'blank page' icon.
Again, upon a fresh re-start, everything is normal.
Any advice? I have the local computer repair guys stumped.