Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Ice dam in Argentina will break for 1st time in winter

BUENOS AIRES (AFP) - A huge ice dam on Argentina's Perito Moreno glacier will break apart for the first time in the southern hemisphere winter, likely as a result of global warming, scientists and environmentalists said Monday.

The 60-meter (yard) high wall of ice holding back a portion of Lake Argentina breaks apart spectacularly in cycles of one year to several years, but always in summer, and is one of Patagonia's top tourist attractions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080708/sc_afp/argentinaenvironmentglacier;_ylt=AkcY4arQL36CVsija7dkdQhpl88F

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ice dam in Argentina will break for 1st time in winter
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ice dam in Argentina will break for 1st time in winter
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) interesting

In reply to: Ice dam in Argentina will break for 1st time in winter

Collapse -
Indeed ?

In reply to: I hope Reuters isn't wrong

I would think that your hope is that Reuters, or rather the sources Reuters quotes, is wrong. At least that is the impression I get.

Wink

Collapse -
I love the instant analysis.

In reply to: Ice dam in Argentina will break for 1st time in winter

Instant analysis is sooooo scientific, and "environmentalists" are so objective.

I don't suppose it's anything like the Snows of Kilimanjaro made famous by a Power Point presentation.

Collapse -
Slight correction for the Perito Moreno glacier breakup:

In reply to: I love the instant analysis.

Collapse -
RE: Doesn?t surprise me at all that the media was incorrect

In reply to: Slight correction for the Perito Moreno glacier breakup:

The scientists put out faulty info.

The politicians put out faulty info.

The reporters report what they hear.

Why read, watch or listen to anyone?

Set up your own research facility.....

Why should anyone believe you...or anyone else?

I just believe what I believe and no one will change my mind.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.