General discussion

IBM Thinkpad 600e error codes

Hi,
I am having a problem with a thinkpad 600E,
Using the onboard diagnostics, I get an 'FRU 3610'
I know what the error means.
I have checked the battery, but I now need to know the following -
If you remove the battery, does the DC charging system shut off ?, if not, how do I check that it is fully functional? .

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: IBM Thinkpad 600e error codes
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: IBM Thinkpad 600e error codes
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Try...

"Thinkpad 600 Errors (2:21pm EST Mon Mar 08 2004)
I found out, that with removed Battery a System check brought no Errors at all!

- by ABC
Fix for Dev 001, Err 91, FRU 3610 on TP 600 (1:34pm EST Wed Mar 17 2004)
The fix for this problem is so simple. The systemboard errors are due to a bad battery pack. It can be corrected by removing the battery pack & rebooting your computer.

I hope you read this before you spend hours, like I did, trying to find the solution elswhere.

Thanks, ABC, for your solution. - by Betty"

google.com

- Collapse -
Thinkpad 600E err 91

Thanks for the solution to remove the battery! Worked great!! Thanks, Bob

- Collapse -
Another idea.

I hate to offer advice when it's working but.

If the battery is 24 or less months old and holds an hour or more then I suggest a simple reset. Remove said battery and the AC power. Press and hold the power button for the full 60 seconds. Slip in the battery apply AC, open it up and try again.

Sometimes this corrects things like this.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thanks Bob

All this because I took it apart to blow out the dust !

CNET Forums