1. Read http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6121-0.html?forumID=45&threadID=25861&messageID=290112
2. Decide your course of action.
3. I've yet to "mess my computer up majorly?" by installing an OS.
4. Windows ME is not an upgrade from Windows 98.
5. We only lose what we didn't save elsewhere.
I have a IBM Pentium II computer(rebuilt) it has a sticker that says designed for windows NT...but I got it with Windows 98. I Upgraded to Windows ME. None of my files after uninstall will delete. Half my programs aren't even listed in add/remove programs in control panel. when I upgraded my computer to ME I didn't back Windows 98 up, But it(Windows 98)is all stored on my D: drive. Did it split my hardrive into two hardrives? I follow the instructions for using my recovery disk to reformate my computer but it wont load. I'm wondering if there is a way to get it to load(work) & if It is possible. If it works, will it mess my computer up majorly? Windows 98 runs fine(I've uninstalled/reinstalled windows ME a few times because of difficulties). I have 0MB out of 64MB and I cant run programs. My computer is majorly slow & freezes to. I Need HELP!!!!!!!!
Listed Drives on computer:
A: 3 1/2 floppy drive
C: local disk (main hardrive used)
D: local disk(Win9x folder-windows 98 settup & recovery info)
E: compact disk