Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Ian, Is everything OK??? Miss you humor !!!...nt

by Mary Kay / April 17, 2004 7:28 AM PDT

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ian, Is everything OK??? Miss you humor !!!...nt
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ian, Is everything OK??? Miss you humor !!!...nt
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Me too, and Dear Ian, please give us an update ...
by Mosonnow / April 17, 2004 7:45 AM PDT

if you want to, on how your plans are going for the centre.

Best wishes
Mo

Collapse -
Here is a joke to go on with :)
by SteveGargini / April 17, 2004 7:50 AM PDT

A male pastor walked into a neighborhood pub to use the restroom. The place was hopping with music and dancing, until people saw the pastor. As the room quieted down he walked up to the bartender, and asked, "May I please use the restroom?"

The bartender replied, "I really don't think you should."

"Why not?" the pastor asked. "I really need to use a restroom!"

"Well, I don't think you should. There is a statue of a naked woman in there - and she's only covered by a fig leaf!"

"Nonsense," said the pastor, "I'll look the other way!"

So, the bartender showed the clergyman the door at the top of the stairs, and he proceeded to the restroom.

After a few minutes, he came back out, and the whole place was hopping with music and dancing again! He went to the bartender and said, "Sir, I don't understand. When I came in here, the place was hopping with music and dancing. Then the room became absolutely quiet. I went to the restroom, and now the place is hopping again."

"Well, now you're one of us!" said the bartender. "Would you like a drink too?"

"But, I still don't understand," said the puzzled pastor.

"You see," laughed the bartender, "every time the fig leaf is lifted on the statue, the lights go out in the whole place. Now, how about a drink?"

Collapse -
Re: Good one:-)....nt
by Mary Kay / April 17, 2004 10:47 PM PDT

Collapse -
I thought perhaps I would slip one more in whilst we wait to hear from Ian
by SteveGargini / April 18, 2004 3:40 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Good one:-)....nt

A crusty old paratrooper colonel found himself at a gala event downtown, hosted by a local college. A young woman approached the colonel for conversation.
She said, "Excuse me, sir, but you seem troubled. Is something bothering you?"
"No," the colonel said, "just serious by nature."
The young lady said: "You should lighten up a little. Relax and enjoy yourself."
The colonel just stared at her in his serious manner.
Finally the young lady said, "You know, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but when was the last time you had sex?"
The colonel looked at her and replied, "1959."
"well there you go, you really need to chill out and quit taking everything so seriously. I mean, no sex since 1959, isn't that a little extreme?"
"Oh, I don't know," said the colonel, glancing at his watch. "It's only 20:39 now."

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?