Resolved Question

I would like information about cell phone boosters

I live in a very rural area and have poor cell reception or even cable tv! I can see a cell tower atop a hill above my home. It is a very steep hill.. To have reliable cell service tied to home security/health alert system. The higher I go up the hill, I get better and better cell service. as I walk up the hill. Walking up the hill is not something that is practical for my day-to-day life.
What in involved to get better cell reception?

Discussion is locked

Leiaj64 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: I would like information about cell phone boosters
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I would like information about cell phone boosters
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
Look into Wilson Whole home producs
- Collapse -
$200/$20 per month

With a cell phone co it will run you about $200 for the device then about $20 per month outside of the fee you pay for broadband internet.

- Collapse -
cell phone booster

I have seen a number of devices available from Verizon but I hoped that I could get one that I could just buy and avoid monthly charges. I have seen other neighbors that have the antennae up but they can't remember where they got their devices.

- Collapse -
cell booster

thanks foe taking the time to answer, Small boosters don't work/

- Collapse -
FM boosters and cell boosters

I am using DISH for internet and TV/Radio but would like my local radio for news. I don't have a land line available. We use Verizon for our cell phones. Thank you for your posts. I apologize for the delays in answering. The holidays are hectic with long drives to families. Happy New Year!

- Collapse -
boosters

thanks foe taking the time to answer, Small boosters don't work/ but those at the Wilson home products are a winner!

- Collapse -
Cell and FM booster

Thank you for the advice ....I will look into this..Hard for some to believe that one could live far enough away that land lines are not available. Thanks for putting links in as well. Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!

- Collapse -
Answer
use a land line

I suggest a land line if you want something tied to a security and health alert system. A booster needs to be connected to broadband for it to work. If there was a power outage, the phone co usually has several hours back up so your land line would still work for a few hours although it may be hard to get through.
You can get a land line with limited out going calls that is cheaper than unlimited local calling.

- Collapse -
Cell Booster

Thank you. A land line is not available. I have two DISH receivers right now. Happy New Year!

- Collapse -
You are confusing the types of signal boosters

Understand, there are different types/technologies/options.

Yes, the femto-cell like options you describe that piggy back on top of one's home broadband service can be great. But what I have suggested is a one time up front cost for the antenna & hardware. It would merely involve amplifying the existing cellular radio waves she has already. And added bonus is it works with almost all the cellular carriers if she wanted to switch to another one at some point. Also, if she doesn't plan on relocating, it would save her money vs the additional monthly cellular fees for the Airave/femto cell/etc. Any future owners at that location would be able to get phone calls too Wink

- Collapse -
Answer
Hello

I am also living in rural area, I don't know your answer But i will hope next time give your answer.

Thanks

- Collapse -
cell boosteer

I apologize for the delay. The Christmas holiday and very long drives have kept me from checking the computer. Thank you for the feedback. Happy New Year!

- Collapse -
Let us know if you still need any help

Hope you find a good system so you can use your cell phone Wink

- Collapse -
cell phone boosters

Thanks!

CNET Forums

Forum Info