Speakeasy forum

General discussion

i wonder when the services for the atheist will be held?

by Mark5019 / January 22, 2005 4:01 AM PST

as the prayer must have caused him harm Grin

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: i wonder when the services for the atheist will be held?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: i wonder when the services for the atheist will be held?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) ????????????????
by Ziks511 / January 22, 2005 4:16 AM PST
Collapse -
an atheist wanted the prayer not said at the
by Mark5019 / January 22, 2005 4:24 AM PST
In reply to: (NT) ????????????????

ceremony so im wondering if it killed him:D ;lollol

Collapse -
Thanks Mark, excuse my slow memory. Hope it at least
by Ziks511 / January 22, 2005 5:02 AM PST

made him throw up violently. I have no sympathy with him.

Rob B

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) nor do i
by Mark5019 / January 22, 2005 5:11 AM PST
Collapse -
Which atheist?
by JP Bill / January 22, 2005 5:52 AM PST
In reply to: (NT) nor do i

OK I got it now,

the one the marine punched out.

I image if he didn't want a prayer

he wouldn't want it

until he was dead

not just punched out.

Collapse -
nope the non beleaver
by Mark5019 / January 22, 2005 9:48 AM PST
In reply to: Which atheist?

who went to court 2 times to have the prayer stopped.
so did it kill him.

and if the marine storys true god blees him:D

Collapse -
by JP Bill / January 22, 2005 10:57 AM PST
In reply to: nope the non beleaver
who went to court 2 times to have the prayer stopped.

Is this from a newspaper or another story/joke/not joke?
Collapse -
by Mark5019 / January 22, 2005 11:00 AM PST
In reply to: Question

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - An atheist who sued because he did not want his young daughter exposed to the words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance has filed a suit to bar the saying of a prayer at President Bush's inauguration.
Michael Newdow notes that two ministers delivered Christian invocations at Bush's first inaugural ceremony in 2001, and that plans call for a minister to do the same before Bush takes the oath of office Jan. 20.

In a lawsuit in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, Newdow says the use of a prayer is unconstitutional. The case is tentatively scheduled Jan. 14.

Last year, the San Francisco-based 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals tossed the same lawsuit, saying Newdow did not suffer "a sufficiently concrete and specific injury." But the decision did not bar him from filing the challenge in a different circuit.

Newdow is best known for trying to remove "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance.

He won that case more than two years ago before a federal appeals court, which said it was an unconstitutional blending of church and state for public school students to pledge to God.

In June, however, the Supreme Court said Newdow could not lawfully sue because he did not have custody of his elementary school-aged daughter, on whose behalf he sued, and because the girl's mother objected to the suit.

Newdow refiled the pledge suit in Sacramento federal court this week, naming eight other plaintiffs who are custodial parents or the children themselves.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thank you
by JP Bill / January 22, 2005 11:11 AM PST
In reply to: re
Collapse -
There are options, Mark
by Angeline Booher / January 22, 2005 6:06 AM PST

He, or any atheist, could opt for :

no funeral, just burial

a Memorial service

cremation and ashes scattered at a designated place or buried

a graveside service

donating body to science

Pretty much the same as for those who hold to a religion that does not demand a specific mode.

Memorial and graveside services do not have to have a religious theme.

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) very true was useing my morbid houmor when i posted:)
by Mark5019 / January 22, 2005 9:49 AM PST
Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?