Speakeasy forum

General discussion

I will not be.......I will not be moved

by JP Bill / July 24, 2008 6:11 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I will not be.......I will not be moved
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I will not be.......I will not be moved
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I saw someone comment
by Dragon / July 24, 2008 1:21 PM PDT

that it's a myth that insurance companies don't pay if there is a suicide. I started looking around and saw that many policies to pay, but only if a year or two have passed before the act.

Collapse -
I used to sell insurance, so I know that,
by drpruner / July 24, 2008 1:45 PM PDT
In reply to: I saw someone comment

in most jurisdictions, there's a two-year waiting period for suicide.

Collapse -
Anyway, there's a better system coming:
by drpruner / July 25, 2008 8:48 PM PDT

Isaiah 65: And they will certainly build houses and have occupancy; and they will certainly plant vineyards and eat [their] fruitage. They will not build and someone else have occupancy; they will not plant and someone else do the eating. For like the days of a tree will the days of my people be; and the work of their own hands my chosen ones will use to the full. They will not toil for nothing, nor will they bring to birth for disturbance; because they are the offspring made up of the blessed ones of Jehovah, and their descendants with them. And it will actually occur that before they call out I myself shall answer; while they are yet speaking, I myself shall hear.

?The wolf and the lamb themselves will feed as one, and the lion will eat straw just like the bull; and as for the serpent, his food will be dust. They will do no harm nor cause any ruin in all my holy mountain,? Jehovah has said.

Collapse -
A man's (or woman's) home is can be more than
by Angeline Booher / July 25, 2008 5:49 AM PDT

...... his/her castle.

Right now there is a move afoot to develop what is basicaly a new city on the last undeveloped land in this county. Public hearings began last night, and one of the "against" was a 90 year-old gentleman who was raised on the family land and still farmed it, as is father and ancestors had before him. Now, this old man probably doesn't have much longer on God's green earth but his heirs do, and they don't want to sell. Bt we all know that when there are developers around with promises of this and that, soon the againsters are outnumbered by the supporters.

Given their druthers,, most folks say they old choose to be cared for in their own homes rather than a nursing home. and, yes, even die there. In some areas the older practice of the deceased being viewed and the wake held in the home is being revived.

I know that in today;s mobile society the "old homestead" is not, except for 90 year-olds, as it once was for most people. But the feeling can be the same for any "four walls" that have welcomed and embraced us and felt "like home".

To lose that home must be devastating!!!

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
if they don't pay the mortgage...
by James Denison / July 25, 2008 4:40 PM PDT

....it's the bank's castle still, not theirs.

Collapse -
Yep, but there is nothing the guy...
by Angeline Booher / July 25, 2008 11:56 PM PDT

..... could do about the developers.

Sometimes a spouse dies. (A wife 35 years old left with 2 children and $250,000 of insurance and her $40,000/yr job is going to have a hard time of it unless he had mortgage insurance). Sometimes there can be catastrophic health care costs.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
In the man's case...
by J. Vega / July 26, 2008 2:52 AM PDT

In the man's case, it wasn't a case of a mortgage. The story said "Mr Phyall rented the property from Atlantic Housing Ltd.".

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.