Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

General discussion

I will like to know How Spyware and Virus are been written.

Dec 31, 2010 5:31AM PST

What kind of OS is been use when written a spyware and a virus.
What stages must one follow to learn that?.

Please Grow me up.

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
First you want to spy
Dec 31, 2010 6:05AM PST

on people, Now you want to learn how to write spyware an d viruses. You will get no help with either here.

- Collapse -
Locking this for violation of the TOS
Dec 31, 2010 7:32AM PST
Piracy or unlawful activities
This community forum is a place for ideas and constructive participation, and not a place to violate any laws or to discuss illegal activities. This type of activity includes, but is not limited to, advocating or asking for information regarding software piracy or unauthorized emulators of software or hardware, sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems. Please refrain from posting this kind of message.

http://forums.cnet.com/forums-usage-policies/
- Collapse -
Thread locked...
Dec 31, 2010 7:35AM PST

Viruses and spyware have been written using nearly all operating systems for nearly all operating systems. However, you will find no advice regarding creating such here as nearly all such software is written with malicious intent and we will not assist with what generally falls into the illegal category.

My advice: Pick up an introductory programming book and learn how to write software that's beneficial to others rather than software designed to inflect damage on computers and their users.

John