Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

I was unable to boot my Windows XP Professional

Hi!
I was unable to boot my Windows xp professional. I already formatted the pc and reinstalled the os. I was taken 2.30 to 3.00 hours for installing it and some adtional softwares. Then no problem..
But i just want to know technically for the rectification of that problem. The situation of that problem is as follows --- I switched off my pc. Ofter sometime I had some urgent work and go through pc. It shown the welcome screen. After that it was not prompting Ctrl+Alt+Delete for loging through my User Name. There it was just with the empty screen and Mouse cursor is moving accordingly.
That was the problem.......
Any bdy can give me the solution for that above mentioned problem?
Pls......

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I was unable to boot my Windows XP Professional
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I was unable to boot my Windows XP Professional
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Technically?

In reply to: I was unable to boot my Windows XP Professional

With so few details? Not going to happen. But I see no mention of SP2 or what protection this machine has so I'll chalk it up to some pest that walked into your machine and made a mess. The recent install is a clue that firewalls and more aren't installed.

-> Let me be blunt. Repairs of a machine without names of the pests are the usual "wipe out and start over."

Bob

Collapse -
Hi

In reply to: Technically?

Thak You.
My OS was Windows XP Professional 2002(SP2). I am using Symantec Client firewall and having the Symantec Antivirus Client with latest Virus Defination files. Hardware configuration -- 40 GB HDD, 256 MB RAM, 1200Mhz Celeron Processor. For your Information I tried to boot the OS form the Safe mode also including last Known Good Configuration. Even too it was getting the same.

Collapse -
256 MB RAM is not enough and

In reply to: Hi

intalling AV, well were are all your updates? seems you are missing a lot. I hav a 40GB HDD, 512 RAM an AMD 750 MHZ. My AV went in after all installs were made and got 1 Alexa Related Spyware - no viruses.
On a 56KPS Modem, take 12+ hours to install. Darrell L.

Collapse -
Safe Mode boot failures are a sign of deep OS damage.

In reply to: Hi

If System Restore is not working, then try this at google.com

XP REPAIR INSTALL.

Many are unaware how to use the Command Prompt Safe Mode. Here's how to use System Restore from the Command Prompt. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449

Bob

Collapse -
RE:

In reply to: Safe Mode boot failures are a sign of deep OS damage.

Hi, I was unable to login trhrough the Safe Mode Command Prompt. Is there any other solution?

Collapse -
Sorry, maybe I was unclear.

In reply to: RE:

1. SAFE MODE BOOT FAILURES are a sign of deep OS damage.

2. Type XP REPAIR INSTALL into google.com if you want to try a repair.

3. Some pests do such deep or odd damage that we get to start over.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: Not effected

In reply to: Sorry, maybe I was unclear.

I tried to repaire with windows xp professional CD. And all of completing the process it was not effected for loging in to xp. It was remaine the same. Waiting for ur reply
---Subbu---

Collapse -
Then it's a damaged OS.

In reply to: Re: Not effected

Your option now is to select how you want to start over. Some will try the PARALLEL INSTALL (see google.com) and some will have to just do a XP CLEAN INSTALL (many articles on google.com).

The lessons here are about good protection and avoiding shady sites, spyware and more.

Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.