Question

I want to upgrade window xp to window vista 64 bits O S

Sir,
I am using Window XP O S but I want to upgrade window xp to window vista 64 bits O S
please kindly guide me
Thanking you
Iqbal

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: I want to upgrade window xp to window vista 64 bits O S
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I want to upgrade window xp to window vista 64 bits O S
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
XP to 7

Make sure that you save ANY pertinent data to an external source, since when you do an upgrade from XP, if you do not, you will lose everything. Hopefully your computer hardware is up to the task, you might want to do a bit of research as to recommended hardware parameters to do the upgrade, ram, drivespace, etc. Also, be advised that some and much, older software may not be compatible with Win 7.

- Collapse -
Answer
I wouldn't.

Vista 64 was not a happy place from my experience. Why do this?

- Collapse -
XP/WIN 7 64

Yes Bob I agree with that, if you are going to transition from XP go 32bit 7 not 64, I've seen some sorry faces going the 64bit route with XP and also Vista.

- Collapse -
Win 7 64 bit all good here.

Vista 64 was downright mean and ornery about too many things. However the machine I had, had all the drivers.
Bob

CNET Forums