Question

I want to replace cable tv and want commericial free music.

I am quitting cable tv and would like to hear about suggestions on ways to receive signal over internet for tv & music.

I am ready with my computer, sound system & tv.

Now I need good subscription web sites.

I am quite surprised with the quality of "Rabbit TV" for $10 per year you can not beat it.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: I want to replace cable tv and want commericial free music.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I want to replace cable tv and want commericial free music.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
So where's the question?

It appears you have found Rabbit?

- Collapse -
Answer
Many options

Chromecast is just one of the many and surely the next media transition away from broadcast TV. Many USB and HDMI devices that rely on a fast WIFI connection are available with NETFLIX and many other options. A subscription is required for most. I dumped sat TV for OTA and a fast internet (cable) and the users choice of usage and fees. No more whole home junk with a huge monthly bill. The outside antenna is an initial cost of $200. and will last 20 years without trouble. That's the local channels, usually at least one of each four major networks with first run content. The marriage between a PC and the HDTV is problematic for some in getting each to recognize the other and accepting media and its possible Dolby content.

- Collapse -
Answer
Plenty of options

Got a half a day? Wink

Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon would be the heavy hitters for streaming video (paid). plenty of other small players.

Spotify, Pandora, Rdio, LastFM are some fun options for your listening enjoyment.

CNET Forums